Thread: Trade advice! MacKinnon + vs Panarin and Werenski

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade advice! MacKinnon + vs Panarin and Werenski

Hi!

I'm playing in a relatively deep 7 team multi-cat keeper league. One of the other GM's is asking about my Panarin and Werenski, and while I really like both, I would love to get his MacKinnon. I wouldn't do that trade straight up tho. Right now I'm thinking about offering one of these two trades:

MacKinnon + Rantanen vs Panarin + Werenski
    or
    Mackinnon + McAvoy vs Panarin + Werenski

What do you guys think? Would you do any of the trades above if you were on the CBJ side?

I might add that I'm probably winning my league this year either way, so I don't need the extra push that MacKinnon gives me this season. Also, our league is pretty goal and PPP heavy.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this one. Thanks!
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

The Great One

Default Re: Trade advice! MacKinnon + vs Panarin and Werenski

I think both your proposals favour you by a lot and I'd be very surprised if either were accepted.

Panarin + Werenski for MacKinnon seems much closer to a deal that could get accepted than what you are proposing (to me, anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think both your proposals favour you by a lot and I'd be very surprised if either were accepted.

Panarin + Werenski for MacKinnon seems much closer to a deal that could get accepted than what you are proposing (to me, anyways).
    I really feel like Rantanen and MacKinnon would be a good trade for me but I'm not as sold on McAvoy as others are, I like Werenski a lot more. That said, I would accept both trades if the other GM came with one of those offers. We have already had some discussions and he's really into both Panarin and Werenski, so I actually think it could be done. Who do you prefer, McAvoy or Rantanen?

I've made some trades that I'm not too happy with lately, so I told myself to use you guys as a safety net before I make this move hehe

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sage

Is the OGM a CBJ homer?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Is the OGM a CBJ homer?
    He's actually an Oilers fan, but CBJ is his favorite eastern team, so yeah I guess you could say he is. We're Swedes so staying up for games in western Canada is pretty tough. He's also been crazy about Panarin since he came over to the NHL, so he values him a bit more than he should (which is great for me).
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz

The Great One

Either trade is a steal for you. Re: whether you should shoot for Rantanen or McAvoy - how many do you start at each position. McAvoy could be more valuable in replacing Weresnki, for example.

Either trade is a steal for you. Re: whether you should shoot for Rantanen or McAvoy - how many do you start at each position. McAvoy could be more valuable in replacing Weresnki, for example.
    Nice, I hoped you guys would say that! I guess my biggest worrie is that the Avs will start to be really bad again, and that Mac will slow down. But he finally looks like the real deal. Thanks

We start 10 F and 6 D, with 2 Utility spots. So most nights it's 12 F and 6 D. My forwards are carrying my team, so I probably need McAvoy more to make up for losing Werenski.

Pittsburgh Top Cats

Farm:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghHustlers View Post
    Nice, I hoped you guys would say that! I guess my biggest worrie is that the Avs will start to be really bad again, and that Mac will slow down. But he finally looks like the real deal. Thanks

We start 10 F and 6 D, with 2 Utility spots. So most nights it's 12 F and 6 D. My forwards are carrying my team, so I probably need McAvoy more to make up for losing Werenski.
    Just check up on McAvoy's health - I know he had an ablation procedure and is out a few weeks. But I haven't read much about whether there's any concerns longer term about his health. (I'm guessing not or this would be huge news).

Just check up on McAvoy's health - I know he had an ablation procedure and is out a few weeks. But I haven't read much about whether there's any concerns longer term about his health. (I'm guessing not or this would be huge news).
    Thanks man! We made the trade but I had to add some. I got MacKinnon and Rantanen for Panarin, Werenski and Nurse or a 4th round pick in 2018 (which could net you a pretty nice player since every GM have to drop 20 players this summer).