Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Leagues Open

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Dynasty Leagues Open

Hi guys,

Yahoo is open for all three dynasty pools. There are too many players to place all the players on dummy teams in all pools.

I am going to sticky a list in the Comish’s Corner with all the players that have been taken. Even if they are listed as available in Yahoo, you can’t just pick them up because they may be owned by another team in one of the other two dynasty leagues.

How to make a free agent (FA) pick up:

Check Dynasty Players Taken list in Comish’s Corner. If the player you want to pick up is not on that list, then he should be available.

If it turns out I made a mistake and the player should have been on the taken list, then I will fix my mistake and your next FA pick will be done by The Comish (in Yahoo) in order to give you back the pick you lost through my error.

After checking the list, if the player you want is available, then quickly post your pick in the Dynasty Players Taken thread.

Once you post your pick in the thread, then you can make the pick in Yahoo.

If someone does this backwards and picks up the player in Yahoo first, then posts in Comish’s Corner, let me know and I will investigate the times involved and fix if necessary.

If YOU screw up and you’ve made the pick in Yahoo, you will lose your FA pick (one of the 50 you get). I can’t fix that as commish. If the fault lies with The Comish, then on your next FA request, I can post your pick in Yahoo after you post the pick in the Comish’s Corner Dynasty Players Taken thread.

If somehow everyone misses it and you end up putting a taken player in your roster and he scores points for you, every effort will be made to account for those points and have them taken off at the end of the year when we compare all 30 teams and decide the following year’s placement.

I’ve used obvious players to replace players not listed in Yahoo. If you drop them, you drop the player you drafted. Keep track of your rosters. I don’t feel like baby-sitting 30 guys teams. I’m cranky and I’m rushing like hell to get this out tonight.

It is incredibly important to follow the FA pick up procedures above. If YOU screw up even once, I will lock your team from making any pick ups and that means I will have to process your transactions after you post any FA picks in the Comish’s Corner. I may not post in Yahoo as fast as you might want me to (you may miss the deadline for the next day’s line-up if I’m not able to post every night).

It may not be perfect, but I wanted to open it before the end of tonight. Sorry if it\'s so late, but I was stuck until everyone registered their teams. The last guy didn\'t register until after midnight last night and I couldn\'t work on it until I got home from work today.

Good luck guys. Let me know if there is a problem with something.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Will you be adding the players that we drafted, or are we supposed to take care of this
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So, pooler A posts here for player QWERT. At the same time, pooler B picks up QWERT in Yahoo.

Player A should have QWERT but it is player B who has him. The game starts and QWERT has a 5 pts night with +3 and 25 PIM, (what ever)

Player A loses those points theoretically but it cant be proven he would have got them in he first place as it could have been a farm team pickup.

What happens?

What about the cap space... how do we know whats up with that?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Maybe you need to find an assistant commish to help you keep track of the cap, FA and such.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Commish, it sounds like this league has the potential to be vey high maintenance.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work in the season to come. I know it would have been much easier for you to trim down the rosters but the depth is the best part of this pool, so I am thrilled that our lineup/bench is as large as it is.

Can\'t wait for noon tomorrow when the season finally gets underway...
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

notubble wrote:
    Will you be adding the players that we drafted, or are we supposed to take care of this
    Already done. When you are in your team page, click on Oct.4 and you\'ll see your players at the bottom (all benched).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous wrote:
    So, pooler A posts here for player QWERT. At the same time, pooler B picks up QWERT in Yahoo.

Player A should have QWERT but it is player B who has him. The game starts and QWERT has a 5 pts night with +3 and 25 PIM, (what ever)

Player A loses those points theoretically but it cant be proven he would have got them in he first place as it could have been a farm team pickup.

What happens?

What about the cap space... how do we know whats up with that?
    I love theoretical questions. Yes it probably will happen where some numpty doesn\'t follow the rules and picks up a player in Yahoo before posting here.

I can\'t fix points lost. I won\'t even go there, but I can take away points at the end of the year (thanks to Chinny for his excel ability).

The person who does make that mistake won\'t be given the opportunity to do it again as I will LOCK the pick up function in Yahoo.

The Comish will post all his picks from then and it may not always be as fast as he would like. He may miss a day or two worth of stats because I\'m away for a day or two. Too bad, don\'t screw up and make me spend time fixing your mistakes.

I am keeping track of everyone\'s cap space and can send it or post the excel file here anytime anyone wants it. We should all keep track of our own cap space. Does that answer your cap question?

Dobber Sports Ninja

pensfan wrote:
    Commish, it sounds like this league has the potential to be very high maintenance.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work in the season to come. I know it would have been much easier for you to trim down the rosters but the depth is the best part of this pool, so I am thrilled that our lineup/bench is as large as it is.
    I am a little tired and edgy tonight, so it\'s a good time to make policy statements for this pool!! I am trying hard to keep the pool as low maintenance as I can.

It\'s still a lot of work. Most of you are very quick to respond when I ask for something. That helps. Constantly chasing (baby-sitting) guys to make picks or do something makes it more of a job for me. Sometimes it\'s an email glitch, that\'s why I sometimes post things here so that some guys will see it and send me a note saying they didn\'t get something. That\'s okay.

I thought long and hard about how to implement the FA pick up process. I didn\'t want to have you guys send me emails because I\'ll get hundreds of them and many for guys who are already taken. I hope it works!

Thanks for your comments. Feedback is always good even if it\'s negative!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am assuming that Drewiske on my roster is there instead of McDonaugh. Any other players like him who don\'t show up on other teams?

Say in 2 years McDonaugh becomes available, some might have forgot I have him and waste a waiver pick on him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous wrote:
    I am assuming that Drewiske on my roster is there instead of McDonaugh. Any other players like him who don\'t show up on other teams?

Say in 2 years McDonaugh becomes available, some might have forgot I have him and waste a waiver pick on him.
    Yes Drewiske is in for McDonagh.

Both myself and each team that has dummy players will be responsible for remembering who the dummy players represent.

I can change the dummy player very quickly and easily, so if a dummy player looks like he might really be a player worthy of fantasy consideration, then let me know and I\'ll find another dummy!

Maybe next year, your prospect becomes active in Yahoo, then I\'ll make the switch. I\'m definitely on the lookout for any player updates in Yahoo.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for all the efforts you put in managing this pool so far! You simply did a great job!

I\'ve no problem with this was of handling the FA pickup as it simply makes sense.

However, is it possible to leave there all the FA pick up post (maybe in a separate thread for each week)? For example, I saw this morning that Chinny did couple of them, but I didn\'t take note of them. I always like to know all the other teams and since we\'re not in the same league I have to do it manually.

Dobber Sports Master

thx Comish for all the great work.

gl everyone
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chicleteur wrote:
    Thanks for all the efforts you put in managing this pool so far! You simply did a great job!

I\'ve no problem with this was of handling the FA pickup as it simply makes sense.

However, is it possible to leave there all the FA pick up post (maybe in a separate thread for each week)? For example, I saw this morning that Chinny did couple of them, but I didn\'t take note of them. I always like to know all the other teams and since we\'re not in the same league I have to do it manually.
    I second that!! I am getting ready to make a move and was suprised to see that only two moves were made so far...according to this post there have been more moves that have now become absorbed by the list of players taken (the longest such list I have ever seen :blink:

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OK, let the stupid yahoo questions begin... I have never used the site. I would like to put Woywitka on IR (he is out for a month with a broken foot). I don\'t see how to do this... who can help?

Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You have to change the way you assign players positions options; then IR appears.

Use the Classic roster edit.

Hope this helps.