Thread: opinions on Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default opinions on Borgstrom

H.Borgstrom seems to still rise on the prospects lists. Where do you rank him versus the 2018 draft class ?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: opinions on Borgstrom

To me I'd rather have Dahlin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Wahlstrom, Boqvist, and I'm a Wilde fan
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

He deserves some consideration somewhere around #10 - maybe even higher if he turns pro after his college season is over and you value immediate production.

By the way, I just updated his profile at DobberProspects: http://www.dobberprospects.com/henrik-borgstrom/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He deserves some consideration somewhere around #10 - maybe even higher if he turns pro after his college season is over and you value immediate production.

By the way, I just updated his profile at DobberProspects: http://www.dobberprospects.com/henrik-borgstrom/
    interesting, you still have tippett ahead of him, Care to explain?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

forwards
    Buchnevich ,Landeskog ,Toffoli , Nugent-Hopkins,N Schmaltz, yamamoto, bjorkstrand, dadonov ,fabbri, skinner, henrik borgstrom, timo meier, Klim Kostin ,Robert thomas, Valintin Zykov, Farabee,
    Grigori Denisenko.

defense
    provorov, ekblad, Dumba, Chabot, Schmidt , orlov, Skjei

goalies
    hellebuyck, craig anderson,Darling,Kuemper, Reimer, husso ,sorokin.

Dobber Sports Deity

Pronman just released his mid-season top 50 prospect list. He has him as his 5th best prospect in this report. He's obviously high on him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Pronman just released his mid-season top 50 prospect list. He has him as his 5th best prospect in this report. He's obviously high on him.

Wow, I didn't think he would make top 10, depending on how far his college team goes into playoffs,!we could see him make a few appearances this season, kinda like a boeser situation last season, his value may go up if that happens, not sure where he would fit in that lineup though.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

forwards
    Buchnevich ,Landeskog ,Toffoli , Nugent-Hopkins,N Schmaltz, yamamoto, bjorkstrand, dadonov ,fabbri, skinner, henrik borgstrom, timo meier, Klim Kostin ,Robert thomas, Valintin Zykov, Farabee,
    Grigori Denisenko.

defense
    provorov, ekblad, Dumba, Chabot, Schmidt , orlov, Skjei

goalies
    hellebuyck, craig anderson,Darling,Kuemper, Reimer, husso ,sorokin.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pettersson is at 10... Pronman is not good at ranking players. I like Borgstrom, but I can't fathom having Borgstrom ahead of Pettersson on any list.

I just read he went 0-31 in predicting the 1st round of the 2017 NHL draft.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    lol really?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by D24 View Post
    interesting, you still have tippett ahead of him, Care to explain?
    They are pretty much 1A/1B for me within the Panthers prospect pool. Tippett is a volume shooter which is valuable in fantasy leagues that count SOG and he's also a winger which is more valuable in fantasy hockey, so that's why I kept him #1 but if I was building an NHL team, I would take Borgstrom ahead of him.

Tippett would also be in the same range versus the 2018 draft class, so the difference between the two is very minimal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by D24 View Post
    Wow, I didn't think he would make top 10, depending on how far his college team goes into playoffs,!we could see him make a few appearances this season, kinda like a boeser situation last season, his value may go up if that happens, not sure where he would fit in that lineup though.
    The 3rd line center spot is open for Borgstrom if he does turn pro, and that's a perfect spot for him to start. Jared McCann and Denis Malgin have played that position but both have also played wing a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if Borgstrom took the spot all to himself.

Not sure what happens long-term, though, since Barkov and Trocheck are unlikely to go anywhere. But it's possible they try Trocheck at wing once Borgstrom is ready for top-six duties at center.

Nick Bjugstad seems to be a full-time winger at this point in case you're wondering why I didn't mention him - although he still takes a lot of faceoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Pettersson is at 10... Pronman is not good at ranking players. I like Borgstrom, but I can't fathom having Borgstrom ahead of Pettersson on any list.

It's his opinion, be it valued/respected or not. I was simply sharing it.

I am not sure I'd have Borgstrom that high but I do agree with Pronman when he says that Brogstrom doesn't get enough love.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's his opinion, be it valued/respected or not. I was simply sharing it.

I am not sure I'd have Borgstrom that high but I do agree with Pronman when he says that Brogstrom doesn't get enough love.
    I get that you were just sharing it and that it is his opinion. When it comes to prospect lists, Pronman is not in my top 3 as far as valued lists of players. it's just my opinion that his lists need to be taken with a grain of salt. No one should draft based on Pronman's rankings. Due diligence is needed.

I agree that Borgstrom doesn't get enough love. but putting him at #5 ahead of Pettersson is giving him too much love.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I personally take EVERYONEs lists with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, I am not a pro scout so I have to take what I can get and Pronman is one of them. All "scouts" have their fair share of misses and fewer hits. Just look at the NHL draft every year.