Thread: Marner+Zaitsev for ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Marner+Zaitsev for ?

Inquired with the manager in my league who has both Marner and Zaitsev to see if he would have any interest in moving the pair and all I got back was "You can make an offer but you will have to blow me away".

The manager isn't in a playoff position and I am 3rd in the league so I am trying to make a heavy push for a deep run. Additionally, our playoffs coincide with the actual NHLs playoffs so players who are going to make the playoffs have a high value, hence why I want to try and acquire Marner and Zaitsev...or even just one of the two.

What could I send him that would "blow him away" to acquire one or both pieces? I am thinking Skinner could be a part of it? I am obviously not trying to give up too much and we have prospects and picks as well but he won't give me a ton of details as to who interests him on my team so I am essentially shooting in the dark and see what sticks.

For league in sig, will rep!
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Marner+Zaitsev for ?

Marner has limited value in this league. I'd target just Zaitsev... the price will be a lot more reasonable. he's a peripheral machine - H&B... To get both, with him saying 'blow me away' Get ready to offer Gaudreau, (Skinner is lacking name value to get it done). Which is why I skip and just target Zaitsev
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Marner has limited value in this league. I'd target just Zaitsev... the price will be a lot more reasonable. he's a peripheral machine - H&B... To get both, with him saying 'blow me away' Get ready to offer Gaudreau, (Skinner is lacking name value to get it done). Which is why I skip and just target Zaitsev
    I inquired about just Zaitsev and he said that since he just moved Ellis it would be hard to move him but he'd like a dman back. I'd be willing to part with either Maatta, Nisky, or Hainsey but I think Niskanen would be the dman he'd want. So maybe Nisky and a pick or something?
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    I inquired about just Zaitsev and he said that since he just moved Ellis it would be hard to move him but he'd like a dman back. I'd be willing to part with either Maatta, Nisky, or Hainsey but I think Niskanen would be the dman he'd want. So maybe Nisky and a pick or something?
    I would do Niskanen and a pick for Zaitsev for sure. I agree with above, that Zaitsev is the better target.

Marner has too much name value for the fantasy value he provides in this type of league.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​