Thread: Taylor Hall - Value (I'll Rep)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Taylor Hall - Value (I'll Rep)

I got offered a nice package for Hall, Keller + Trocheck + a pick upgrade, but the trade fell through and the other gm traded for Monahan instead. I'm still happy to hold onto Hall, I have him for 1 more year after this before expiring.

These are the current standings in my keeper league:

Standings - Points
    Rk FPts +/- FP/G Team GP Skt Goal PBL
    1 1101 4.5 2.48 Don't Cry for Me Jan Hrdina 444 973 128
    2 1099.5 4 2.42 Star of McDavid 455 967.5 132 1.5
    3 1030.5 11.5 2.35 I Burns my Palat 438 898.5 132 70.5
    4 1015.5 4.5 2.26 Kyle's Team 449 872.5 143 85.5
    5 995 0.5 2.28 Thunder Butts 436 904 91 106
    6 973 6 2.23 Scissor Me Timbers 437 804 169 128
    7 967.5 3.5 2.34 El Jefe 414 842.5 125 133.5
    8 936.5 5 2.1 Cyrprano's Beautie5 447 818.5 118 164.5
    9 929.5 2.04 Red Deer Rebels 455 761.5 168 171.5
    10 913.5 4.5 2.01 Hubbly Bubblies 454 793.5 120 187.5
    11 888.5 0.5 1.95 Drai Your Ai's 456 742.5 146 212.5
    12 846.5 2.5 2 Twine Ticklers 423 741.5 105 254.5
    13 846 0.5 1.98 Josi and the *****cats 427 717 129 255
    14 839.5 8 1.9 Juan Tortillarella 443 734.5 105 261.5

I'm sitting pretty good, 4th in FPts and 6th in fp/g, and Top 4 place in the money.

I'm not in a rush to move Hall, but just wondering given the Keller deal fell through, and taking my positioning into consideration, would you hold onto him through this year, or try to move him right away, given his value is really high right now? Would you be trying to move him 1 for 1 for a guy that is at his level, or take a slight downgrade now, but get a guy that projects to be equal to or better than Hall, if I'm able to get another piece that'll help me compete better this year/will have some re-sale value, or potentially be keepable if I move Patches (ie: Trocheck if I had gotten him)? I'm ultimately looking for someone I can put in my 4 yr slot in the off-season. I don't mind my current set-up, and putting Benn there and just rolling with Hall as my 1 and trading him in season next year, but it's risky. I already moved Kuzy/Monahan, so I don't really have the option to move 2 keepers for 1 anymore, just given what I'm left with. Boeser is a legit rookie, and will be my carry-over, so he won't be in my 4 year slot. I just like the idea of rolling with 4 keepers, and having a stud rookie, so you have 5 good pieces going into the next year. Dubois isn't at the level yet where I would want to carry him over, and I already have 4 contracts so that's my rationale for carrying Boeser over vs trying to move a keeper to free up a 4th spot.

My roster is pretty solid when healthy, I mean all of my keepers aside from Patches are producing at a high level, it's just my skater slot, #2 lw and #2 centre that are hurting. My bench guys aren't exactly lighting it up either (ie: Perry), and Horvat isn't a game breaker when he's back.

Any feedback would be great.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Taylor Hall - Value (I'll Rep)

I'm not sure why keeping Hall isn't an option. He's pretty good, and the Devils look decent now. Is he a top 50-ish player in your league? Has he been over the last couple years? However you have no cap, so Price might be good as your 1 year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'm not sure why keeping Hall isn't an option. He's pretty good, and the Devils look decent now. Is he a top 50-ish player in your league? Has he been over the last couple years? However you have no cap, so Price might be good as your 1 year.
    Keeping Hall is an option, but he expires for me after next season. If you count all positions, he's actually 32nd, and that's in FPts. If we're talking fp/g, 8 guys ahead of him in FPts have less fp/g, so that makes him 24th. In terms of lw, on a fp/g basis, only Gaudreau, Ovie, Bailey and Marchand are ahead of him. Hall's numbers so far this year are much better than the previous 2 years, so couldn't really tell you where he ranked them, but would be lower. Price makes no sense as my 1, I've already got 4 contracts, and he's having a terrible year on top of that. Goalies and d are rarely kept in my specific league, it's very forward dominated. Karlsson, Burns and Hedman are obvious for d, but aside from that it's just been good rookie defenders (ie: Werenski was carried over). Goalie wise, Holtby was the only goalie kept, and then Murray was carried over as a rookie. That's the only guys that come to mind anyways.

I don't think people fully get my league, because they've suggested keeping Price before and I drafted him last year, and re-drafted him this year, 2nd round haha. Hell, Rask is much better than Price right now, and Subban is having a stud year, so those guys are better options than Price if I ever went that route (unlikely).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Find another GM who is going to loose their fourth year keeper and try to get as much as you can for Hall.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Find another GM who is going to loose their fourth year keeper and try to get as much as you can for Hall.
    Lots of trades have happened, so there are guys who look to be expiring, but since they were acquired in trades (ie: MacK, Stammer, Giroux, Seguin, me with Benn, Kane), the team that got them can top them up.

Guys that have to be moved: Tavares (that team is in 1st though), Holtby (not looking for a goalie), Schwartz, Eberle, Burns (not looking for d), Marchand (the other gm f'd up and re-acquired him before 1 full calendar year, so he loses him after the year given his original contract).

Very limited in options, and I've already got Benn, Wheeler and Patches so not too interested in Marchand, just given I want some youth with my keepers too, regardless of how good he is. I could look at keepers that aren't just expiring, but it's just trying to find a fit. Keller would have been a nice fit, where I got Troch too, but like I said that deal fell through The Keller deal is a different type though, because it's a 4 yr type keeper + a good 2nd piece, but the 4 yr type keeper is a rookie. And Barzal isn't being moved, and I've got Boeser, so not sure who else to target that's really young (Rantanen a consideration), he was a rookie carry-over, and has no contract right now, but can be signed after the year. It depends if I go for a more proven player as a replacement keeper, or get a youthful player.

I mean Tavares is the obvious guy to make a play for, and I've had dialogue with that gm, but he's in win now mode, so he's not in a rush. When I owned Kuzy, he had said Kuzy/Hall for Tavares he would consider, but Hall's value has since gone up/Kuzy's has gone down, and Tavares has slowed a little. I'm sure to get Tavares, it would have to be Hall +, but he would fit well with my team. I'm not usually as fond of centre keepers, but he's obviously elite so it's different.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

What about a package where I get Rantanen, or should I be aiming for a bigger fish like Tavares? Tavares will cost me more than just Hall. I traded Aho this year, but I think Rantanen probably has a higher ceiling?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax