Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RyJo vs Horvat - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default RyJo vs Horvat - I'll Rep

I've got Horvat on the IR, but he's due back soon. Guentzel has been scuffling, so he's not worthy of my #2 centre slot right now, so I've been spot starting guys there (ie: Dubois once, Thornton once). Zuccarello is in my skater slot, and he's also been cold lately, and Perry isn't startable right now either. My depth is hurting a little, so just wondering if you think acquiring RyJo for a 7th rounder in 2019 is worth it? My format is more goal weighted, but I still feel like he is a solid #2 centre. If I get him, I can play either Zuc or Horvat at skater, whoever is running well. Horvat will need a few games to get up to speed, but at the same time he should come out fresh since he's been out awhile. I just find my #2 centre and skater slots weak right now. I sort of have to roll with Zuc for now, but is RyJo a good bandaid option for centre?

Kopitar is available too, but he'll cost more, and he still has another year left on his contract. I could carry 5 contracts in season, but for practicality reasons, I would rather get an expiring guy, and not have to worry about shedding a contract in the off-season. The reason I say this is because I don't lose any of my keepers after the season. I got Benn via trade, and he's a 1 yr, but I can top him up basically. If I get Kopitar, and don't move anyone later, then I can't sign Benn because I'll already have Kopitar, Hall, Wheeler, Pacioretty. So basically if you end up with 5 contracts due to trades, and none are expiring you can go into the next year with 5, you just can't sign a 5th contract if you've already got 4 guys. I hope I explained that okay. Like if Benn was a 2 like Patches, then I could get Kopitar, and go with 5 guys into next year, but as I said you lose your first rounder. I'm more interested in a rental scenario.

7th rounders this past draft:

Lucic, Zibanejad, M Smith, Palmieri, Vrana, Coyle, Ghost, McAvoy, Fowler, Connor, Gneiss, Stepan.

Obviously a few of the picks are good ones, but it's still a crapshoot.

Out of 14 teams, only 12 had picks that round. We basically pick 9 players, and have 4 keepers, and a rookie carry-over, so roster size is 14. Rookie slot is like IR, so if you draft a rookie, you can only put them in the rookie slot after the draft, but if you want to play them, you have to drop someone. Basically active roster is 14.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: RyJo vs Horvat - I'll Rep

Can I get some feedback, yay or nay to picking up RyJo, in my format/giving my roster?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

Answering strictly who I'd rather have, RyJo or Horvat I'd say Horvat when both healthy. Not sure if this helps.
    H2H Yahoo 20 team limited keeper. Keep 5, F, F, D, G and F or D
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 3UTI, 2G. 4 bench slots.
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HTS, BLK
    GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

Draisatl, Voracek, Kucherov, Karlsson, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs&G86 View Post
    Answering strictly who I'd rather have, RyJo or Horvat I'd say Horvat when both healthy. Not sure if this helps.
    I appreciate someone replying, I just wonder if RyJo is worth picking up to improve my depth. Guentzel, Perry and Zuc aren't doing anything. Zuc will be fine, but the other 2 are more concerning.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

In a league that gives an extra point for goals and .5 extra for PPG... I'd rather find someone that will give you more than 5-8 goals down the stretch.. at best. I mean, RYJO's on pace for 115 SOG.. he can't even luck his way to 20 goals at that pace. I'm not sure he's really worth it in this pool.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In a league that gives an extra point for goals and .5 extra for PPG... I'd rather find someone that will give you more than 5-8 goals down the stretch.. at best. I mean, RYJO's on pace for 115 SOG.. he can't even luck his way to 20 goals at that pace. I'm not sure he's really worth it in this pool.
    Good points, just thought I would ask since his price is cheap, and Guentzel, Zuc and Perry are cold, and Horvat isn't healthy yet. What about if I could pick up Kopitar? He's still got 1 year after this on contract, but I can shed a contract after the year, like make a trade so that I can sign Benn, because we're a 4 contract league. You can carry more than 4 in season, like if you get a 5th via trade for instance. If you get a 5th, and no one is expiring, then you can carry 5 and forfeit first, but I've never seen that happen. We have the rookie angle too, so it's 4 keepers + can carry rookie over. I'm just talking strictly would you try for Kop? I talk about it in another thread.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

and hes hurt now
    H2H Yahoo 20 team limited keeper. Keep 5, F, F, D, G and F or D
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 3UTI, 2G. 4 bench slots.
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HTS, BLK
    GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

Draisatl, Voracek, Kucherov, Karlsson, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs&G86 View Post
    and hes hurt now
    took part in practice today... so unlikely to miss much if any time.

Dobber Sports Pro

took part in practice today... so unlikely to miss much if any time.
    Can someone look into Montreal's first goal and tell me why it hasn't been changed to Patches?! Some media people were saying his goal, and I saw a GIF where it hit his knee. He was closer to the puck than Chara.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Can someone look into Montreal's first goal and tell me why it hasn't been changed to Patches?! Some media people were saying his goal, and I saw a GIF where it hit his knee. He was closer to the puck than Chara.
    it will probably get changed by tomorrow. All goals get reviewed to ensure the proper players are awarded points.

I would much prefer Kops over ryjo. but that depends on the cost as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

it will probably get changed by tomorrow. All goals get reviewed to ensure the proper players are awarded points.

I would much prefer Kops over ryjo. but that depends on the cost as well.
    Did you see the play? On the gif, it looked like it hit Patches, but then on the replay they showed on the broadcast, from 1 angle it did look like Chara. Well what is a reasonable draft pick? I suggested a 3rd, but it's hard to compare a keeper with a draft pick, because the draft is a crapshoot/there is less talent.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Did you see the play? On the gif, it looked like it hit Patches, but then on the replay they showed on the broadcast, from 1 angle it did look like Chara. Well what is a reasonable draft pick? I suggested a 3rd, but it's hard to compare a keeper with a draft pick, because the draft is a crapshoot/there is less talent.
    what was drafted in the 3rd round last year?

Dobber Sports Pro

what was drafted in the 3rd round last year?
    Dadonov, Jones, Lee, Rinne, Big Buff, Schultz, E Staal, Perry, OEL, Vasilevskiy, Miller, Lundqvist, Horvat, Burakovsky.

For comparison:

1st: Hischier, Granlund, Schenn, Patrick, Sheary, Klingberg, Domi, JVR, Arvidsson, Radulov, Josi, Hamilton, Rakell, Atkinson.

2nd: Carter, Talbot, Wennberg, Bobrovsky, Oshie, Saad, Simmonds, Andersen, Niederreiter, Price, Letang, Dubnyk, Johnson, Lindholm.

It's a crap shoot man, you have guys drafted in the 1st three rounds that don't belong at all, and other picks that are good.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Prefer Horvath over Tyjo going forward, that being said Tyjo is an upgrade over what you have. He is scoring now and will help you now. Shots are his downfall, if you can stomach that, then it would be worthwhile. Kopitar better in your setup, but more expensive. Personally I would opt for the cheaper Tyjo, if I could handle the lack of shots.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Prefer Horvath over Tyjo going forward, that being said Tyjo is an upgrade over what you have. He is scoring now and will help you now. Shots are his downfall, if you can stomach that, then it would be worthwhile. Kopitar better in your setup, but more expensive. Personally I would opt for the cheaper Tyjo, if I could handle the lack of shots.
    It's RyJo, not TyJo, lol
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax