Thread: Stamkos for Kane

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Stamkos for Kane

I've been offered Kane for my Stamkos in the league in my sig.

Stamkos started off hot but has tailed off, and his injury history makes me a bit nervous. That said, he's playing with the hottest player in the league.

Salary is something to consider - Kane is at $12.6 (kept players go up by 20% a year) and so is likely keepable for a year longer.

I'm currently in first place by a decent margin and am trying to win this year.

We're a H2H league, but generally I'm strong in the peripherals, SOG, PP, PIM (and goaltending) although I'm still top 5 in G/A/Points.

Does this move make sense for this year, as well as moving forward?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

The Great One

Default Re: Stamkos for Kane

If Kane is only keepable for one more year, are you saying you'll need to drop Stammer after this year? (Even with Kane's 20 percent raise, he will be less than Stammer). Hard to give advice without understanding how this plays out with various scenarios.

Dobber Sports Novice

Sorry if I was unclear. Both of them are keepable for multiple years - however with Stamkos's salary starting higher, it's likely down the road I'll have to drop him a season sooner than Kane, all else being the same.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)

Farm

The Great One

I'd probably keep Stammer, I love his situation more and I don't think his injury situation is anything to be concerned about.

Since both guys are good for awhile (but Kane has 1 more year, way down the road), that wouldn't be enough for me. I'd be focusing on this year...and I don't see Kane giving you a noticeable bump. So I stick with what I have.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, if you're competing for a title, I wouldn't make this move. The extra year you get down the road isn't worth the minor difference between the two's current production. Lateral moves are pointless to me, now if you were doing it as a 2 for 1 and upgrading stammer to McDavid or cros, I'd do that.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Novice

So you both agree that Stammer should outpoint Kane for the remainder of the season in my format?

So far he's been the better player but Stammer has cooled off significantly lately. I'm not impatient though, just want to make sure it's a natural ebb and flow.

Forwards

Farm

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Haka View Post
    So you both agree that Stammer should outpoint Kane for the remainder of the season in my format?

So far he's been the better player but Stammer has cooled off significantly lately. I'm not impatient though, just want to make sure it's a natural ebb and flow.
    I'd personally only trade for Kane if I saw him as a clear upgrade for the rest of the year, and I just don't see that. It could happen - anything could happen - but I like Stammer's situation more, even with his recent downtick.

Heck, somebody else is willing to give up Kane (with the lower salary), to the guy in first place, for Stammer. I think that tells you that your trading partner expects more value from Stammer, no?

Dobber Sports Ace

Even totals between the two would be a baseline I think. Stammer could go on another heater though, especially if Kuch does, whereas I'm dubious of Hartman or Schmaltz being able to drive Kane's game the same way.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso