Thread: Derrick Pouliot

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Derrick Pouliot

Looking for how people are viewing Derrick Pouliot with the Canucks. Is there a player here?

- Is he going to keep seeing 20 minutes a game this season?
    - Is he a fit for the Canucks moving forward?
    - Is there hope that he is not a bust?

Can any Canuck fans chime in? Pretty please.

Thanks in advance
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Derrick Pouliot

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Looking for how people are viewing Derrick Pouliot with the Canucks. Is there a player here? yes.

- Is he going to keep seeing 20 minutes a game this season? Yes, who else is there? Edler & Tanev are always hurt. They don't have the depth to limit his minutes
    - Is he a fit for the Canucks moving forward? Yes at least for the next couple years until Juolevi & future prospects are ready.
    - Is there hope that he is not a bust? Depends on your definition of a bust? The 50pt dream he was drafted and projected in the next couple years isn't going to happen, but 35pts moving forward is a possibility. He needs help, not just PP or scoring help, but D help. Van's a train wreck on the back end. He's only an option to consider in deep leagues 12+teams 5/6D.... He doesn't offer much for peripherals so he needs to score to help. A healthy Horvat/Baertchi could help balance the offence and give him an opportunity to produce a bit better in the 2nd half 25-28pts this year could be attainable.

Can any Canuck fans chime in? Pretty please. **not a 'nucks fan, but living on the West coast I'm drowned in the media's constant whining.

Thanks in advance
    answered inside quote
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think he is just a late developer into the NHL game and that the expecations were set quite high to begin with.

I think if we lower expectations and then mix that with the opportunity in Vancouver that there is a fit for him for a few years and then when the younger guys come up he still has a spot as a bottom pair D.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think he is just a late developer into the NHL game and that the expecations were set quite high to begin with.

I think if we lower expectations and then mix that with the opportunity in Vancouver that there is a fit for him for a few years and then when the younger guys come up he still has a spot as a bottom pair D.
    until then.. he's a default top pairing guy (GULP!) I can see him settling in as a decent 4 in a couple years, but he needs to step up his commitment in the offseason.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

The media here is not what you would call even keeled that's for sure.

With talks of moving Gudbranson, Tanev, and possibly Hutton I'd say DP's job is secure. He's looked about as good as can be expected given this team can be hard to watch as a whole. He's not quite as dynamic as Stetcher but I do like his puck movement skills more.

To answer you; yes, yes, and 30pts/yr would be great in the short term. Maybe one day 40, maybe, but that will require much more injection of talent. So 2-4 years out.

Dobber Sports Deity

I recently acquired him in my salary cap keeper league. Before pulling the trigger I chatted with Jeff Paterson about what he's seeing in him. Paterson is TSN1040s Canucks reporter. He does their home and away radio games.

In his opinion, he's finally looking like he's found a home in the NHL. He likes him because hes versatile (playing both LD and RD), quietly efficient but not flashy. He told me playing for his old Jr coach from Portland has probably helped his game a bit too. Hes looking like a good option going forward for the Canucks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."