Thread: Thoughts on Andre Burakovsky going forward?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Thoughts on Andre Burakovsky going forward?

What are your guys general opinion on him going forward? I own him in a 14 team keeper, 12 forwards 4 d 1 g 24 player roster and am trying to gauge his value here. Does he still have 60-70 pt upside? I believe he was a healthy scratch earlier in the year and was caught off guard by that one!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Thoughts on Andre Burakovsky going forward?

He was a sexy keeper pick a couple of years ago, last year too. This year, nothing has gone his way. Vrana has slowly been eased in, and not ceded minutes to Burakovsky (yet?). I'm not impressed by Burakovsky anymore. Exposure to Backstrom and Ovechkin certainly helps his upside, but I would be thoroughly impressed to get 50 points out of Burakovsky... at least, for the next season or two. Beyond that, situations change too much to really predict.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Guy is 22 years old... so he has plenty of time to develop into the player he's going to be. Some guys develop more slowly than others and he won't be in his real prime for a little bit of time.

That being said, I've never seen a 70 point upside for him... in a dream season he gets 65. My bet is he's more of a 60 point tops guy with regular performance in the 50-55 range. Which would be great for the Caps if they could get that kind of performance out of him.

70 points in today's NHL is a lot of points. Burakovsky will never be a Tarasenko or a F. Forsberg...

Dobber Sports Master

He has the tools, looked absolutely great in last year's playoffs.... Started the year slow and hurt his shooting and stick-handling tools (hand), so it has to be uncomfortable, still. The rest of the team kept chugging and he had to get back in the lineup and keep pace, which he has been unable to do. I think he is very much a 50-60 pt guy in his prime, a la Tomas Fleischmann when that guy was in his prime.. I think it's a lost year for him, to be honest. I'd look for a stronger year next year. Who knows, though, with Vrana and other guys knocking constantly, maybe the injuries have slowed him enough that he doesn't develop into the player he should have. I plan on dropping him at year's end, sadly.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Rookie

I scooped him up off the waiver wire. I am in dead last this year, after winning twice in the last 4 years. My team is thin after having to trade a lot of future assets to win last year. I am taking a chance on the fact that (as FFleming5 mentioned) is still only 22, and should still have some time to prove he's worthy of a keep in my league format. Still too early to write him off completely, he was a guy who I thought could have broken out this year. If I was competing for a top 5 spot this year, I'd have never added him. At this point, I am just trying to get "potential" guys to fill out my 10 keepers and take a run at it next year.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Vrana has passed him. He's not lit it up yet, but I think there's way more potential there. I could see Burakovsky being a floater though. Someone who gets chances on a 2nd line but more regularly plays bottom 6. Or maybe way down the line he can be a 2nd line player. Just don't see it with DC or very soon.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I still view him as a 55 ish point player long term, which I think was always the reasonable expectation.