Thread: Morgan Frost

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Morgan Frost

Anyone know much about this prospect? Alls I know is he is drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers. He is putting up big points (21+39=60 pts in 36 games in the OHL). I've watched some highlights on him and he has some soft hands but that is all I gathered from him. What do you guys think his upside is like? Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Morgan Frost

I sent a tweet to @Dobberprospects last Aug 13th asking if they planned on doing a write-up on Frost, but sadly they never came through.....yet
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I sent a tweet to @Dobberprospects last Aug 13th asking if they planned on doing a write-up on Frost, but sadly they never came through.....yet
    Send @pharling a tweet. He's the managing editor for Dobber prospects.

60 points now in 36 games. He's certainly impressing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

thanks Axe - I originally sent @pharling & Dobber prospects the tweet so I will try again. I agree - Frost certainly has upside and there should be a writeup on the PHI team page over at Dobber Prospects.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Wizard

I haven't watched him play but leading the OHL in points, assists and +/- as an 18-year-old is pretty impressive. He's 3rd in points-per-game behind Kyrou and Thomas.

Based on his numbers alone, I'd put his upside at about 70 points with strong likelyhood of him becoming a 60 point player (meaning between 55 and 65 points most years).

The things I've read about him sound good as well. He seems like a good prospect who is definitely starting to justify his draft spot. At the time, it felt like a reach to take him with the 27th pick when he was projected to go somewhere in the 2nd round.

Here's one scouting report I found about him:
    ?Morgan Frost should be playing for Team Canada in the U20 World Junior Championship. He has elite vision and that makes him a dangerous passer. He can score goals by going around defenders or using his wrist shot, his fast release is the key. He gets to loose pucks first. Could lead the OHL in scoring someday.?
    That's from http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...ski/958476001/