Thread: Jusso Valimaki

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Jusso Valimaki

hey guys, was wondering if anyone knows much about this kid, checked out his WHL numbers and their good, is their holes in the flames defense for this guy to challenge for a spot, if so what would you put his ceiling at.

thanks.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

forwards
    Buchnevich ,Landeskog ,Toffoli , Nugent-Hopkins,N Schmaltz, yamamoto, bjorkstrand, dadonov ,fabbri, skinner, henrik borgstrom, timo meier, Klim Kostin ,Robert thomas, Valintin Zykov, Farabee,
    Grigori Denisenko.

defense
    provorov, ekblad, Dumba, Chabot, Schmidt , orlov, Skjei

goalies
    hellebuyck, craig anderson,Darling,Kuemper, Reimer, husso ,sorokin.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Jusso Valimaki

I think he's going to be a solid guy at the NHL level someday, smarts to make it as a top pair, but talent and vision to put his floor at a 4-5 guy who can run a power play. Tough to see any ice time for him in the near future in Calgary, but talent finds a way to get ice time.
    I still like him in the 15-18 range of skaters drafted last June.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's certainly better than Juolevi, that's for sure. He's making the argument for Brodie/Giordano to be expendable.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    He's certainly better than Juolevi, that's for sure. He's making the argument for Brodie/Giordano to be expendable.
    Do you have him above Rasmus and fox?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Rasmus
    Valimaki
    Fox

For me right now. Rasmus has been everything you could want in the AHL the last season and a half and should be in the NHL right now.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Rasmus
    Valimaki
    Fox

For me right now. Rasmus has been everything you could want in the AHL the last season and a half and should be in the NHL right now.
    This is what I had in my head. You know the flames prospects better than I do, which is why I asked. Thx!

I don’t think my opinion is the “popular” on among Flames fans, most of whom see Fox as the “shinier” toy, but Andersson is crushing the toughest competition of the the three (AHL v WHL v NCAA) and I don’t think Fox and Valimaki are preforming that much better to justify the difference in competition.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don’t think my opinion is the “popular” on among Flames fans, most of whom see Fox as the “shinier” toy, but Andersson is crushing the toughest competition of the the three (AHL v WHL v NCAA) and I don’t think Fox and Valimaki are preforming that much better to justify the difference in competition.
    I prefer accuracy over popularity... don’t worry though, I’m sure we’ll disagree again

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I prefer accuracy over popularity... don’t worry though, I’m sure we’ll disagree again
    Most likely lol, but pumped we agree on this one. I think Rasmus is a stud

Dobber Sports Stud

Rasmus
    Valimaki
    Fox

Short term I agree as neither Fox or Valimaki are very close to the NHL, but I worry about Andersson's skating and footwork. Long term I like:

Fox/Valimaki
    Andersson

Dobber Sports Stud

Valimaki is basically a Giordano clone, so expect him to take on Gio's spot one day.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Short term I agree as neither Fox or Valimaki are very close to the NHL, but I worry about Andersson's skating and footwork. Long term I like:

Fox/Valimaki
    Andersson
    That's fine, but the big worry about his transition from the WHL to the AHL was his skating and he's dominated. It's never going to be his strength, but I think his IQ makes up for it. He's never going to be Karlsson, or even Dougie Hamilton, but I don't think his skating will hold him back.

I wont be surprised to see Valimaki be a better NHLer than Andersson (his current trajectory is basically Provorov), but I've always been on the tempered side of Fox. Super fun, highly skilled prospect that you want in your organization, but he's 5'10 playing in the ECAC. Looooooooooonnnngggg way to go to get close to touching what Rasmus has already done.