Thread: Ovi and Quick trade (will respond)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ovi and Quick trade (will respond)

In a 14 team 7 keeper league I have horrible goalies and a surplus of offense. League has heavy weight on goalie stats and an extremely high value/price from other GMs (details in sig).

I have a trade on the table to me:
    Ovi, Varly and 1st for Quick and 10th

The deal to me seems really lopsided but is my goalie situation is that bad that i'm actually considering it.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Ovi and Quick trade (will respond)

might be candidate for top 5 worst goalie situations in fantasy hockey this year! You don't count the two cats that separate Ovie from the pack, so his value shrinks massively - no hits, no sog... Ovie's fantasy human. Quick's a top 10 G

Taking that into consideration, this deal is A LOT closer. I would want to swap Varly for Lehner or move that 1st to a 3rd or something like that. if either can get done... IMO.. it's a win for you.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The guy isn't willing to budge on the 1st rounder. I tried to get him down on it already. The league I am in is removing SHPs next year and introducing hits. Ovi's value will go up, as well as a few other players on my roster.

My tendy situation is bleak. I had Buffalo making the playoffs this year and Lehner doing really well but they're a complete tank job. I burnt my 1st rounder (9th overall) this year on Mason figuring he would have the net on a Jets team that I had finishing 2nd in their division. Jets got there but Mason didn't.

Dobber Sports Deity

Your goalies are definitely terrible but I do not like this trade. Trading Ovechkin isn't a bad idea but I am not sure Quick is the goalie I would be chasing as an upgrade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ovie's value takes a huge bump with hits included. There just aren't many, if any forwards that give you Ovie's stat line with 200 hits. I would put Ovie on the block publicly looking for goaltending help & say you don't want a large multi-player deal. Waters down return quickly. You should get some takers
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I currently have players like Kane, Ovi and many others on the block and I'm not getting any takers. I the value of tendys in the league is through the roof. Everyone wants Matthews in return. If I want to move Matthews I could have whatever tendy I wanted. The issue is that my team is in 11th place. I win almost every stat category outside of goal tending.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa