Thread: Crosby for a bunch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Crosby for a bunch

Had to do it. Bottom of smart league, need to work back up. Still have McJesus. Sig below, should be updated.
    Big Sid for Drouin Boeser and 2018 and 2019 1st. He probably sits at 7-12 for those drafts.

From 12th to 1st is a long way up. Can't even make playoffs with McD beside the Sid.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Crosby for a bunch

Updated sig.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Deity

If you were going to trade Sid, you should have got a goalie. Your tending is a big reason for your placement in the standings.

You should be trading your strengths to improve your weaknesses.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Not a huge fan of the deal. Drouin is two tiers (at least) below Crosby and boeser looks great but so did Keller in his first 15 games. He's young, on a bad team, it's a long season, and he has alot to learn at nhl level (he's going to go through ups and downs for a few years is my expectation). The firsts are nice but in a full keeper with 12 teams I imagine there isn't much left outside of prospects which won't likely help you anytime soon.

Agree with axe in that you are going to have a heck of a time competing with your current goalies.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

I was expecting more pieces when the title read 'a bunch' likely those 1sts aren't in the top 5, decreases their value significantly. As bad as you needed a roster upgrade. I think if you shopped him up to the deadline you would have seen your return multiply vs. what you got. It's going to be a long climb out of the bottom. Also agree with Axe, getting a good goalie should have been included in the package - on top of what you got
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't think you got enough for Crosby... I think you should have gotten at least an elite talent back for him.

I was able to trade Crosby for Stamkos and Werenski... I think Stamkos is better than Drouin and Werenski better than Boeser... and the two first round picks are not going to be game-breaking picks.