Thread: Drop maroon for marchassault

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop maroon for marchassault

Do you think maroon for marchassault or gourde or w Karlsson?? Who's my best bet...need to be gaining 10 points Ros minimum really

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Drop maroon for marchassault

either golden knight would be my choice.. for points, maroon might give you 35 - for the season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep I prefer both Golden Knights as well

Dobber Sports Deity

As I mentioned in the other thread, Maroon is not a good own in points only format. I prefer WKarlsson from the names listed above.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, Maroon is not a good own in points only format. I prefer WKarlsson from the names listed above.
    Id also go wk over March... maroon has never cracked 40pts in a season, doesn’t look like he will this year either

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was huge on Marchessault when he was with the panthers, and he's clearly still performing with this seemingly unstoppable expansion franchise. I'd be all over him for sure.
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Padawan

1G 2A for Marchessault last night, giving him 29 pts in 29 games.

I'm far from a stat expert but his numbers seem fairly sustainable too, PDO is a dead even 100.0 and SH% is a 10.9% which is actually lower than the 15.5% he shot last year so his goal scoring should actually improve. On pace for over 200 shots so he should push 30 goals again and a good chance of 70+ points when it's all said and done.

The only thing I'm worried about is what happens at the trade deadline. He's in a contract year I believe and if Vegas decides to trade guys like Marchessault and Neal then going to another team and losing the prime minutes and usage could hurt his production some. You've got to think though that the way the team and guys like Marchessault are playing they would resign him. I'm hoping so because he is in a prime situation right now and I've been reaping the rewards.

I grabbed Marchessault around maybe week two of my season, for free from the FA pool. If he continues to push a 70+ point pace it could be the free agent grab of the year in my league and I would even have to start putting him in the keeper conversation.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    1G 2A for Marchessault last night, giving him 29 pts in 29 games.

I'm far from a stat expert but his numbers seem fairly sustainable too, PDO is a dead even 100.0 and SH% is a 10.9% which is actually lower than the 15.5% he shot last year so his goal scoring should actually improve. On pace for over 200 shots so he should push 30 goals again and a good chance of 70+ points when it's all said and done.

The only thing I'm worried about is what happens at the trade deadline. He's in a contract year I believe and if Vegas decides to trade guys like Marchessault and Neal then going to another team and losing the prime minutes and usage could hurt his production some. You've got to think though that the way the team and guys like Marchessault are playing they would resign him. I'm hoping so because he is in a prime situation right now and I've been reaping the rewards.

I grabbed Marchessault around maybe week two of my season, for free from the FA pool. If he continues to push a 70+ point pace it could be the free agent grab of the year in my league and I would even have to start putting him in the keeper conversation.
    I think as this season wears on and Vegas remains in the playoff picture, they won't be moving expiring contracts like people expected them to. I fully thought Neal would be flipped to start the year.. now they need him come playoffs. Marchessault is young enough that they should resign him.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like both knights as well over maroon and would add marchessault right now myself.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would take March.

His S% seems reasonable, and is in line with his career (although the career has been up and down. 10% is more than sustainable though).

Don't look at PDO directly, you want to focus on his on ice S%, the other half is SV%, which he has less control over and doesn't affect his scoring. On ice S% is a little high, meaning he will likely tail off a bit, but tailing off from a point per game pace to a 70 point pace is still great.

Conversely, WK is shooting 22%, that won't keep up. His on ice S% is lower, but still a little high, I figure he's more of a 60 point guy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Marchessault for me as well.

Gourde has been a really nice surprise this year, though.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Awesome replies guys...I'm from the uk so appreciate the help...in a little league with my buddies...I've figured out that at 12th Jan oilers will have played 4 more games....thats a good time to grab him as il gain 4 games with marchassault!! We only allow 3 FA moves all season...but can trade amongst ourselves...but only 4 in the league so not much movement ATM...I have 2 trades left they all have 1 so I'd like to see how the next 3 weeks go!!! Then decide I'm 35 points clear so don't want to waste a trade if I don't need to when I could even for injury's

My team is

Holtby shattenkirk letang petrianglo trouba slavin Mcdavid Mathews maroon jt miller kucharov stamkos

Guy behind me has Talbot hedman burns Josi Chris wideman skjei Kane drisatle scheifle mantha namestikov backstrom

He's cut my lead from 56 to40 in last 4 weeks so just starting to question things....not helping with Matthews out...think I'm still strong or worry his team with burns ect is trending up

Dobber Sports Ace

Maroon has gotta go, the sooner the better. He's not primarily with McJesus anymore. I dunno if I'd wait until Jan.