Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McDAVID AND THE OILERS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McDAVID AND THE OILERS

With the start the Oilers had, do you see a bounce back from them where they can make the playoffs? There is still 50 games left and they are only 9 points behind 4 or 5 teams who have 37pts and in a playoff spot. With Talbot coming back, do the Oilers have a good 2nd half and make a strong push for the playoffs? McDavid is already on a 100pt pace.
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: McDAVID AND THE OILERS

It is going to take approx 96 points to make the playoffs:

Current record:
    GP 32
    WIN 13
    LOSS 17
    OT LOSS 2
    POINTS 28

The Oilers need 68 points in the next 50 games to have a chance of making the playoffs. They will need a record of 30-12-8 (or something similar) to make the playoffs.

Meaning, they would need to play the entire rest of the season they way that Tampa has played so far this season to have this record.

It is (unfortunately) unlikely.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Although it's only one season for McD, THIS is the reason Crosby is one of the greatest of all time and still the best
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's very unlikely but as a Draisaitl and Talbot owner I would love to see them take a good run at it anyway!
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

History says it just ain't gonna happen. In fact, I think Edmonton is more likely to win the draft lottery than make the playoffs...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    History says it just ain't gonna happen. In fact, I think Edmonton is more likely to win the draft lottery than make the playoffs...
    I swear to god, satan, jesus, zeus and even Xenu (All hail Xenu!), if Edmonton wins one more god damn lottery I will raze that bloody city to the ground and salt the earth so nothing shall grow there again!
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports All-Star

How disappointing for one of the favorites to win it all prior to the start of the season, 2nd only to Pittsburgh at 10-1. while Vegas was the longest shot at 200-1. My money is on Nashville to win it all.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...ason-released/

Dobber Sports Jedi

They need a solid 10-0run to have a chance
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Is it possible? Yes of course. Is it going to happen? I doubt it. Just too many good teams in the West to climb over to make it.

I'm an Oilers fan and would love to see it happen, but I think they are too far behind the eight ball now to make it happen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dahlin would really help their back end... just sayin'

Dobber Sports Deity

Sekera would really help too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is it possible? Yes of course. Is it going to happen? I doubt it. Just too many good teams in the West to climb over to make it.

I'm an Oilers fan and would love to see it happen, but I think they are too far behind the eight ball now to make it happen.
    I feel exactly the same way. I am an eternal optimist, but the odds of the Oilers leap frogging so many teams is remote. I'm still hoping they can go on a couple of double digit runs and make a run at the playoffs...then hit them hot...like I said, eternal optimist.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think they will make it... Draisaitl really needs to get going for that to happen.

Fingers crossed.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    I think they will make it... Draisaitl really needs to get going for that to happen.

Fingers crossed.
    they need more than Draisaitl to get going

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    they need more than Draisaitl to get going
    Oh! Did i say Oilers? I meant my team :-)
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck