View Poll Results: Which under age 25 player(s) can sustain his/their current scoring pace?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • Filip Forsberg (80+ points pace)

15 28.85%
  • Jonathan Huberdeau (80+ points pace)

24 46.15%
  • Nathan MacKinnon (80+ points pace)

31 59.62%
  • Sean Monahan (80+ points pace)

14 26.92%
  • Vincent Trocheck (80+ points pace)

7 13.46%
  • William Karlsson (70+ points pace)

4 7.69%
  • Brayden Point (70+ points pace)

14 26.92%
  • Mikko Rantanen (70+ points pace)

20 38.46%
  • Teuro Teravainen (70+ points pace)

6 11.54%
  • Mika Zibanejad (70+ points pace)

11 21.15%
  • Sebastian Aho (65+ points pace)

24 46.15%
  • Shayne Gostisbehere (65+ points pace)

15 28.85%
  • Dylan Larkin (65+points pace)

14 26.92%
  • Anthony Mantha (65+ points pace)

14 26.92%
  • Morgan Rielly (55+ points pace)

16 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - "New Normal" (under age 25) - VOTE HERE

The Great One

Default CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - "New Normal" (under age 25) - VOTE HERE

That chill in the air isn't just cold weather and snow descending upon us - it was the void of no winter cage match tournaments! But the good news is the forecast is for not one, not two, but three "new normal" cage match tournaments for winter 2017, starting this week! Here's what's on tap for you to vote for:

This week - which "new normal" players under age 25 are most likely to maintain their unexpectedly higher scoring pace for 2017-18 and beyond
    Next week - which "new normal" players 25 and older are most likely to maintain their unexpectedly higher scoring pace for 2017-18 and beyond
    In two weeks - which underperforming players are either not going to bounce back or will never fulfill expectations

You can go ahead and vote on this week's tournament now, but you might want to wait until the column is published on Wednesday (I'll link to it when it's live on Wednesday) to read the full list of rules, exclusions, and other explanations. But in short, there are no goalies, no players with under 50 NHL games prior to this season, no forwards who've scored 75+ points in a prior season or d-men who'd posted 50+ at least once previously, and nor presumed superstars.

As for voting, in the poll, you'll see a player and a "scoring pace" after his name. If you think a player will maintain at least that scoring pace for the rest of 2017-18 and the next few seasons (i.e., this will be his "new normal") then you should vote for him. You can vote for multiple players, so whomever you think will indeed maintain or improve upon his listed scoring pace, he/they should get your vote.

Be sure to also post a comment here in the thread about who you voted for (or didn't vote for) and why, since the goal is for these tournaments to be as useful for fantasy insight as they are fun to participate in.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - "New Normal" (under age 25) - VOTE HERE

ghost, larkin, William karlsson & mack were the 4 I took. Balls out on karlsson!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Huberdeau, Mackinnon, Gost, and Reilly were my picks
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    ghost, larkin, William karlsson & mack were the 4 I took. Balls out on karlsson!
    You sure you actually voted for Karlsson? As I type this he's showing no votes.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

I voted for:

Filip Forsberg - With better line-mates his assist totals should improve immensely.

Brayden Point - Playing 19 minutes a night for the Lightning with the players that they have means more points.

Morgan Rielly - Has had 36 points in the past and his team-mates are only getting better.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Titan

Hubs - He's a 70+ point player on his own, and I think the Barkov exposure can make up the difference.
    MacK - Showing why he was number 1 a few years ago. COL dragging him down.
    Zibs - He's a #1 centre, and will be deployed as one, leading to producing like one over the longer term.
    Ghost - Man is he ever slick.

I think Forsberg is 70+, but not 80.
    Others all had some wart.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You sure you actually voted for Karlsson? As I type this he's showing no votes.
    didn't go through... voted now though!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Forsberg, Huberdeau, Mackinnon, Monahan, Trocheck, Rantanen, Aho, Gostisbehere, Mantha, Rielly

Nice to see Karlsson break out though. Always thought he would break out but not this much.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Forsberg, Huberdeau, MacKinnon, Monahan, Point, Larkin, Mantha.

Funny how I see most of the 80-point guys reaching that total, but not as many players with the lower targets. I know the Wings aren't the sexiest team out there when it comes to young talent, but those aren't super high scoring paces for Mantha and Larkin.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for Huberdeau, Mackinnon, Zibanejad, Larkin, Mantha, Rielly.

I meant to vote for Monahan.

As much as I love watching Gostisbehere, 65 points as a new normal is just a bit too high for me to vote. Been enjoying him since the Frozen Four, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did that, but I am more inthe 55-60 point camp.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I voted for MacKinnon, Monahan and Point. The rest, meh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Interesting voting thus far - I'd have thought the Detroit guys and the Carolina guys would be neck and neck, but apparently not. And less love for Trocheck than I'd have pictured.

Dobber Sports Icon

Mackinnon, Point and Aho here (although I could see Aho getting even better someday). Rest of the names will probably fall back to earth at least a little bit in my opinion. Although I hope Forsberg, Karlsson and Trochek all keep it up as I own those three.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Rant, Larkin and POint..might be biased though
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

If Mac was 70+points i'd vote for him, 80+ is hard to do.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll