Thread: Barkov + Faulk for Mantha + OEL

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Barkov + Faulk for Mantha + OEL

I'd be trading Mantha and OEL for Barkov and Faulk. Good or bad idea?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Barkov + Faulk for Mantha + OEL

The only way this deal doesn't make sense is if OEL gets traded to Edmonton. Otherwise, Barkov is too good of a player to pass up.

That being said, I don't believe you have the D depth to get rid of OEL. Faulk doesn't come close. I'd counter with Mantha and Green... see what happens.

It's a risk. You need good D to win...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    The only way this deal doesn't make sense is if OEL gets traded to Edmonton. Otherwise, Barkov is too good of a player to pass up.

That being said, I don't believe you have the D depth to get rid of OEL. Faulk doesn't come close. I'd counter with Mantha and Green... see what happens.

It's a risk. You need good D to win...
    Definitely a fair point in regards with Defensive depth. If you had a little more meat to your D-core I'd be all over the barkov side of things, but if you lose OEL you back-end is quite soft. I'd probably hold off on this right now,, or focus on dealing just forwards
    10 team H2H points league (keep 4) - G, A, P, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GA, SV, SHO
    C - Draisatl (c/w), Seguin (c/w), Aho, Couturier, Backstrom, Lindholm (c/w), Monahan
    W - P Kane, Hall, Wilson, E Kane, Dvorak, Lee
    D - Burns, McCavoy, Chabot, Werenski, Dahlin
    G - Vanacek, Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fraser94 View Post
    Definitely a fair point in regards with Defensive depth. If you had a little more meat to your D-core I'd be all over the barkov side of things, but if you lose OEL you back-end is quite soft. I'd probably hold off on this right now,, or focus on dealing just forwards
    Generally I agree, but if you can believe it OEL is actually my worst fantasy dman right now (pretty much on par with Heed, but I'm not including Chabot). His plus-minus is just a killer these last few years so I'm thinking about moving on from. Faulk is off to a terrible start though so it's not super appealing.

BUT, are there rumors that OEL might be traded? If going to Edmonton is in the realm of possibilities, I'd definitely want to hang onto him for the fact that I'm a big Oilers fan and he would do well there.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.