Thread: Best Available Back-Up Goalie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Best Available Back-Up Goalie

Currently battling for 1st place in a tight race with about 5 other managers. My draft didn't go according to plan and Mason hasn't proven to be the goalie I was expecting and, unfortunately for me, Hellebuyck also wasn't the goalie I was expecting.

I've already made 14 of my maximum 42 (4 per week) moves, so I'd rather not stream goalies as I'm looking for a solid 3rd goalie to supplement my main goalies. I drafted Bishop and Mason, and Hellebuyck was sniped from me so I quickly made a trade to acquire Talbot. Stubbornly, I'm still holding Mason as he's been improving in the few recent starts he's gotten. I also added Subban today hoping for the start, so perhaps he is an option.

Options:
    Mason (I currently own)
    Subban (I currently own)
    Lehtonen - owner dropped him. Do I claim him because I own Bishop? I personally don't like Lehtonen, but the handcuff is appealing. NOTE: Dallas plays 2 back-to-backs during the playoffs (weeks 1 and 2), does this warrant the add?
    Khudobin
    Hutton
    Dell

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Best Available Back-Up Goalie

I don't see lethonen as a serious threat. Every time bishop is bad they play lethonen and he has the ability to re define bad on any given night.

Hutton and Dell aren't terrible options they just aren't going to get many starts.

With Rask struggling Khudobin seems like the best choice to me right now. You may not want to stream goalies but given the ones that are available it may be your only option.

I don't think any of them are a long term solution for this season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree, Khubodin as he seems he will play more matches than Hutton and Dell. He also has the most the saves leading by at least 50 more than the other two, at the moment (frozenpool).
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you had to choose between Dell and Hutton, who do you want? Does it matter?

What if you already have Jones? Do you take the handcuff (start 1 goalie per day) or diversify?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    If you had to choose between Dell and Hutton, who do you want? Does it matter?

What if you already have Jones? Do you take the handcuff (start 1 goalie per day) or diversify?
    I would look at adding Lehtonen nearing the playoffs (fingers crossed Bishop doesn't get hurt) Khudobin likely the best short term add just due to him having the best opportunity to start on a semi-regular basis.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would look at adding Lehtonen nearing the playoffs (fingers crossed Bishop doesn't get hurt) Khudobin likely the best short term add just due to him having the best opportunity to start on a semi-regular basis.
    Up late watching the Leaf game Luc? Not sure why you copied my post and answered that way. Lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Up late watching the Leaf game Luc? Not sure why you copied my post and answered that way. Lol.
    I clicked on the wrong post.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4