Thread: Cant make trades

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Cant make trades

This is my first year doing a 1 year public league. Ive only ever done keeper and dynasty leagues for hockey. Do you guys have any tips to get ppl to respond to trades or anything to get a trade going? Most offers I send never get responded to, and If I do get somebody to counter offer...they want a ridiculous price.

I sent a manager an offer of Dustin Brown for Burns because he has good D-men but bad wingers. He responds with "only for Tarasenk or Kuch" WTF am I supposed to do with that?
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League

3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 4D, 2G, 7BN, 1NA, 1IR, 2IR+

G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT, BLK W, SV%, GAA

C(3)
    Matthews, Tavares, Krejci
    LW(2) Stamkos, Marchand
    RW(2) Hoffman, Perron
    W(2) Rust, Arvidsson, Palat, Farabee, Bratt
    D(4) M.Rielly, Burns, Pulock, Chiarot, Dumba, Slavin
    G(2) Markstrom, Elvis, M.Smith, Rinne
    NA(1)

10 Team H2H Keeper League(keep 12)

C(3)
    Matthews, Couture, Toews
    LW(2) Panarin, Kubalik
    RW(2) Kucherov, Atkinson
    W(2) Perron, Konecney, Killorn, Rust, Tanev, Armia, Nylander
    D(4) Jones, Letang, Muzzin, Edler
    G(2) Rask, Rittich, Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Cant make trades

Well, first off, Brown for Burns is a horrible offer. He likely took Burns in the first round, and understandably wants 1st round value back. He's countered with Burns for Kuch or Tarasenko, so that's what you are supposed to do with that - offer one of them, or move on.

That being said, 1 year public leagues are the dregs of fantasy. Half the league usually stops caring by December, and trades are next to impossible as there is no "next year" to care about. You went backwards... most people start off with 1 year public leagues before moving up and graduating to keeper / dynasty leagues. I suspect this will be your only year in 1 year public leagues... lol

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    Well, first off, Brown for Burns is a horrible offer. He likely took Burns in the first round, and understandably wants 1st round value back. He's countered with Burns for Kuch or Tarasenko, so that's what you are supposed to do with that - offer one of them, or move on.

That being said, 1 year public leagues are the dregs of fantasy. Half the league usually stops caring by December, and trades are next to impossible as there is no "next year" to care about. You went backwards... most people start off with 1 year public leagues before moving up and graduating to keeper / dynasty leagues. I suspect this will be your only year in 1 year public leagues... lol
    I get it wasn't a great offer, but it was to see what he would need for Burns.

In the same league, I asked a manager who has McDavid if he would trade him. His response was "No Way!! Hes only 20 years old!!!"
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League

3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 4D, 2G, 7BN, 1NA, 1IR, 2IR+

C(3)
    Matthews, Tavares, Krejci
    LW(2) Stamkos, Marchand
    RW(2) Hoffman, Perron
    W(2) Rust, Arvidsson, Palat, Farabee, Bratt
    D(4) M.Rielly, Burns, Pulock, Chiarot, Dumba, Slavin
    G(2) Markstrom, Elvis, M.Smith, Rinne
    NA(1)

10 Team H2H Keeper League(keep 12)

C(3)
    Matthews, Couture, Toews
    LW(2) Panarin, Kubalik
    RW(2) Kucherov, Atkinson
    W(2) Perron, Konecney, Killorn, Rust, Tanev, Armia, Nylander
    D(4) Jones, Letang, Muzzin, Edler
    G(2) Rask, Rittich, Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

LOL That manager doesn't understand the settings I guess...

Honestly, play out the year, but don't bother with 1 year public leagues. You're already playing in real leagues. You'll just get frustrated with the newbies.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

A lot of people are sour on Dustin Brown because he was in a serious state of decline for the last five years and he's now 33. He's doing great this year, and a lot of people don't think he can keep it up, and his PDO and SH% suggest he can't at this pace (http://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/f...es=2017-2018:R). As a Burns owner myself, I can tell you I wouldn't make that trade. As much as I hate Burns right now and almost wish he would get a season ending injury so I could justify dropping him, at the least I'm not giving him up for anyone taken outside of the top 3 to 5 rounds, regardless of performance. I will drag his 7 points (and good peripheral stats) to the finish line if I have to.

If you want to pull a trade off, identify strengths of your team and trade some of that strength away to a team that has obvious weaknesses. Look at positional depth, scoring, peripherals. Dangle a goalie. Look for players that are underperforming but will bounce back. Try two for one trades. You can also try to trade draft rounds or near them (in my league Dustin Brown was taken in round 20 of 22 this year, so I would maybe expect to be able to pull off +/- 3 rounds within that).

Your defense looks pretty good, so I would target a forward instead if I were you. But if you're really hell bent on acquiring Burns, you're AT LEAST going to have to bundle another good 60 point player in there who is not in the twilight of his career (i.e. not Pominville).
    One year Yahoo! weekly H2H, 12 teams

Skater categories: G/A/P/+-/PIM/PPP/BLK/SOG/HIT
    Goalie categories: GS/W/SV%/SO

Forwards: Backstrom, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Guentzel, Konecny, Haula, Zuccarello, Rantanen, Point, Spooner
    Defense: D. Hamilton, McAvoy, Klingberg, Hagg, Ristolainen, C. Miller
    Goalies: Quick, Talbot, Markstrom, Mrazek
    IR+: Kreider

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'll add that I've thankfully never touched a public league.
    One year Yahoo! weekly H2H, 12 teams

Skater categories: G/A/P/+-/PIM/PPP/BLK/SOG/HIT
    Goalie categories: GS/W/SV%/SO

Forwards: Backstrom, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Guentzel, Konecny, Haula, Zuccarello, Rantanen, Point, Spooner
    Defense: D. Hamilton, McAvoy, Klingberg, Hagg, Ristolainen, C. Miller
    Goalies: Quick, Talbot, Markstrom, Mrazek
    IR+: Kreider

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm sure you know to get something of value back, you need to give something of value.

Having said that, it is best to avoid one year leagues as many of the GM's are just starting out and many give up on the league as soon as they are out of contention.

Ride out the year and stick with keeper/dynasty formats.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody0211 View Post
    This is my first year doing a 1 year public league. Ive only ever done keeper and dynasty leagues for hockey. Do you guys have any tips to get ppl to respond to trades or anything to get a trade going? Most offers I send never get responded to, and If I do get somebody to counter offer...they want a ridiculous price.

I sent a manager an offer of Dustin Brown for Burns because he has good D-men but bad wingers. He responds with "only for Tarasenk or Kuch" WTF am I supposed to do with that?
    Making less crappy offers would be a start. I think if you took a poll, you might be the only person who thought Brown for Burns was a good offer. In fact, it's an insultingly horrible offer that screams "I am only here to rip you off", "I don't know what I'm doing" or "I'm drunk". Seriously.

The better way to go about it is to ask what they want, or give them a few options as to players you'd trade, and to not make it 3 guys grabbed of the wire recently for their first round pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

I usually send a list of players I'm interested in, then ask if any of them are available, then ask for them to send a list of players they like on my team. But in most of my pts leagues there is very little activity.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Brown for Burns...wow..

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
    Brown for Burns...wow..
    Great offer compared to some I get.