Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipychov back to the KHL

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Shipychov back to the KHL

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes. It is simple statistics.
    2 people debate. Neither changes their stance. "Yea f*** that guy, you can't discuss anything with him. I am the REASONABLE one."

Hypocrite.
    https://www.checkmarket.com/blog/how...y-sample-size/
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

4600 people for a 99% confidence level with a 2% confidence interval. And that doesn't take into account your lack of sample diversity. #Stats

Dobber Sports Ace

https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

4600 people for a 99% confidence level with a 2% confidence interval. And that doesn't take into account your lack of sample diversity. #Stats
    Lol. My god man. 5% is usually considered reasonable. Do you not remember claiming a proper sample size would be millions ? Do you not remember me saying between 1k and 10k? Generally over 1k?

In the matter we were discussing I would even consider 10% to be fair. You weren't even close. And it's pretty much exactly what I said. Talk about doubling down in the face of evidence. Depending on the need for accuracy. And yes, that's the whole point. It does account for sample diversity. It's a representative sample size. 2% is far more exact than the majority of polls. Either way it doesn't matter. It proves you have no idea what you were talking about when it comes to this.

Amazing.

Goodnight.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Lol. My god man. 5% is usually considered reasonable. Do you not remember claiming a proper sample size would be millions ? Do you not remember me saying between 1k and 10k? Generally over 1k?

In the matter we were discussing I would even consider 10% to be fair. You weren't even close. And it's pretty much exactly what I said. Talk about doubling down in the face of evidence. Depending on the need for accuracy.

Amazing.

Goodnight.
    Do you remember your sampling issues?

Dobber Sports Ace

Do you remember your sampling issues?
    hahahah. Ok. So I show you evidence and you still go on. Now you are just a giant troll. Not worth any more time. And again, it's a representative sample size. So yea, it does show the broad range demographic. That's part of the point.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Padawan

what is even happening right now
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

good question. something about Russians and sample sizes and liberals and pissing and more russians and i think i read drouin and Jouko Pouko dont know crap.

Of course im power phrasing.

Hope I helped you out.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    I don't know, you kinda have to feel for the guy a little bit. Lights the lamp in Russia and is a 30 year old professional player. Signs a big contract and then gets put in the AHL in Chicago while his family is like WTH? Meanwhile, he looks like a joke to all of his buddies back home who are like, bro... so you left Russia to join the prospect league lol?! Imagine how many jokes were flying his way in Russian.

Meanwhile, he can't speak the language or really understand what is going on or really understand why he's getting jerked around. In Russia to treat an employee or a player like this is a massive insult. Russian culture is very different than North America and this type of stuff doesn't fly well there.

He could deal with all this BS here, feel insulted, take all the shit from his friends and family, or just go home, be famous, score goals, make a lot of money and have all his friends and family around him.

Seems to make a lot of sense... What doesn't make sense is how Vegas jerked him around and didn't properly manage his expectations.
    X2 i think you are bang on. When Russians come over they don't expect to playing a "development league" unless you're a kid 18 trying to make a name for yourself.
    He was probably hoping to be like Panarin but it didn't didn't work out. Can't teach a old dog new tricks. He needs the space form the bigger ice surface, only makes sense to go back then ride on buses and for the year.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    good question. something about Russians and sample sizes and liberals and pissing and more russians and i think i read drouin and Jouko Pouko dont know crap.

Of course im power phrasing.

Hope I helped you out.
    That pretty much covers it. As one of the main participants I can vouch that it was a humongous waste of time. Nothing to see there. Best to move on.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Stud

So...... will VGK get more cap space if they cancel his contract?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Monster

Any reason for the hold up? We're here for a good time, not a long time, let's get this show on the road!

The Great One

But whats the proper sample size?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    X2 i think you are bang on. When Russians come over they don't expect to playing a "development league" unless you're a kid 18 trying to make a name for yourself.
    He was probably hoping to be like Panarin but it didn't didn't work out. Can't teach a old dog new tricks. He needs the space form the bigger ice surface, only makes sense to go back then ride on buses and for the year.
    Yes, and the other thing that nobody considers about "entitlement" or other statements about Russian players are, is that Russian scrub players are not coming over to the NHL. The guys that are coming over are generally some of the top talents in that league who are looking to do a number of things. (Play in the biggest and best league against the best competition, move to North America, make a lot of money... whatever the reasoning is it doesn't matter). Fact is this guy was the #3 scorer in the KHL last year, led the KHL in assists over 2 years, and is coming off of back to back championships with SKA St. Petersburg.

An equivalent would be, Patrick Kane moves to Russia to play hockey, however, the team there says sorry bud, we're making you play with 20 year old prospects until we call you up and you "prove" yourself. Something tells me Patrick Kane wouldn't care for that either, nor would any other elite player.

The point is, this guy is an elite talent in KHL and anyone who is that good at what they do would be disappointed to be relegated to the developmental league. This isn't about being modest or waiting for your opportunity. This is about a guy that signed a huge deal, (if he's not that talented, who pays what they offered him) proved himself already in a difficult league and is a skilled professional player, and then got disrespected and relegated to the B league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    And you don't know that reason. It may have something to do with the fact he's making $9mil over 2 years, which is not easy to make room for. He is also unproven in the NHL and probably can't be expected to put up much more than 60 points in a best case scenario. That's not a massive upgrade on a lot of teams top-6 Cs. Also McPhee has been having problems moving plenty of assets already, which is part of what got him in this mess of having to slide down good players like Shipachyov, Tuch, and Theodore just to not lose players on waivers.
    I deleted your second half of the post just because this thread is getting insane with long posts lol.

Montreal checked in on the price I thought I heard and MB pretty much went, "Noooooo thank-you" at the price. So McPhee has his price high. But Montreal has the space cap wise for him, very easily. Obviously this is like the "we don't know what was said" argument, and I do get that. But in my head if there was more interest in Shipychov there would be more chatter about how the price was too high for other GMs. Not just one team. But again could be his agent sucked at doing his job, because he was on the market for like a day before saying he was going back to the KHL

And just cause I like looking at more than one trade by a GM, McPhee also did trades like (receiving players are 2nd in the order):
    Neuvirth, Klesla for Halak/3rd rounder
    Varlamov for 1st/2nd rounders (the 1st rounder funny enough was Forsberg)
    4th rounder (Petter Granberg)/5th rounder (Daniel Brodin) for 4th rounder (Philipp Grubauer)
    Eminger/3rd rounder (Deserres) for 1st rounder (John Carlson)
    Rights to Theo Ruth for Fedorov
    4th rounder (Alec Martinez) for 6th rounder (Dunn)/4th rounder (Holtby)
    Witt for Beech/1st rounder (Varlamov)
    Friesen for 2nd rounder (Keith Seabrook, butttt he then trades Seabrook for nothing)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

So, Ship has yet to be placed on unconditional waivers and I haven't seen any reports about him having returned to Russia. Anyone heard any updates or do you figure they're just bickering about re-paying the signing bonus at this point?