Thread: Best site for play-off hockey pool

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Best site for play-off hockey pool

Am considering doing officepools but they don't have a treasurer. Has anyone ever did a playoff hockey pool through fantrax? Am thinking something around this structure ...

Option #1
    $20-$30 USD
    Pick ANY 13 players
    Minimum 3 defence
    Can do multiple entries
    all players points count

Option #2
    $20-$30 USD
    Pick ANY 20 players
    Minimum 5 defence
    Can do multiple entries
    all players points count

Am wondering if we all pick any 20 players if that would be too much? Any other ideas? I'm in a yearly playoff pool like this and it's usually pretty fun. I never really cared much about the draft style one. Any input on league settings is fine. Never done a money play-off one, but want to make a yearly one for dobberites to join.

I figure the multiple entries could generate more for the prize pool. The play-off league I am already in is a multiple entry league. Last year I did 2 teams that were similar (in hopes I win, i get 1st and 2nd ... lol but i came last place)

I also figured that if we made the rules simple we could get a lot of entries. The more the merrier!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Best site for play-off hockey pool

fantrax allows you to use the premium version for playoff pools fwiw therefore a ''pik em'' style league where theres duplicate players is doable without a traxx premium fee attached.

you can set it up so that the gm's make picks on their own via a pick screen --set deadline for 5 mins before puck drop of first game and your golden .

added bonus of traxx handling the collection/distribution of fees/winnings

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    fantrax allows you to use the premium version for playoff pools fwiw therefore a ''pik em'' style league where theres duplicate players is doable without a traxx premium fee attached.

you can set it up so that the gm's make picks on their own via a pick screen --set deadline for 5 mins before puck drop of first game and your golden .

added bonus of traxx handling the collection/distribution of fees/winnings
    Great idea. Can make it public and advertise it lots on here. Thanks Butch.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Was it you that set up the Dobber one for free on online pools this year. I think we used around 20 players and that seemed to work out. There was enough diversity in the 20 players picked that there wasn't 2 exact same teams.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Was it you that set up the Dobber one for free on online pools this year. I think we used around 20 players and that seemed to work out. There was enough diversity in the 20 players picked that there wasn't 2 exact same teams.
    yessir