Thread: Can't decide.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Can't decide.

I currently have Fleury as my #3 or #4 goalie. I dropped Halak to trim my goalies to 4 after the draft and I'm beating myself up for keeping MAF over him. My reason is this, MAF will get more starts, but they may be stat killers for H2H matchups. Considering that, as of now, MAF and Halak would be considered my #4...#3 at best do you feel I'd be better off with quality over quantity? I have a good feeling about Halak heading into this season. Even with less starts, he could end up with the same amount of wins and better peripheral stats. When I presented my trim down question, most said keep MAF because he's a starter, while agree, I think a good portion of his starts will end up with poor overall #'s. Help a brother out....either way it probably won't be a season changer, but I do have a ton of question marks in net as a whole. Thanks

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

The Great One

Default Re: Can't decide.

Do you have min G start requirements per week? If so keep MAF just a hip pocket to meet your weekly min. If Vegas is playing, you know he'll be starting and that may save you a few times this season. He's your hip pocket min start maker. If you don't have min starts, take Halak. It's a time share but the starts will be of better quality I think. If one or both of Darling or Raanta turn out to be quite good (which I think there is a VERY good chance of) you're golden.

Edit - just noticed min 4 starts/week. That's pretty low but MAF would be helpful for sure. Given the depth spot we're talking about I don't think you're wrong either way.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch