Thread: Tninning the heard

Dobber Sports Star

Default Tninning the heard

Morning boys. It's good to be back in full hockey mode after a long, busy summer. Hope you all enjoyed yours. So we drafted Sunday and I drafted 10th in a strait draft. After the top goalies went I decided to draft high shot volume goalies on questionable teams, giving up on Wins and hoping for peripheral stats. I need to get rid of at least 1 goalie right now and I'm leaning towards Fleury. He's never been a great peripheral stat goalie on good teams. And, despite the fact he's going to get peppered this season, I think his overall stats will be pedestrian at best. Halak is another, but even though there will some time share, his #'s should be solid. Fingers crossed on my 3 starters..Andersen, darling, Raanta. Who's the odd man out? I plan on grabbing JT Miller. Thanks

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Tninning the heard

since your an isles fan I'd take Halak because you'll have a good feel for the rotation weight puts into place .

the halak-greiss tandem is possibly the best 1a/1b duos in the league ; too bad snow doest realize that its one of the better things he's done as isles gm (got hung up on berubes potential)

Dobber Sports Deity

I won't lie, I had to click the thread because I didn't know what Tninning the heard meant. LOL!

After reading the post I assume it was supposed to say Thinning the Herd but that's an assumption. If that is what you were going for, let me know and I will fix the title for you.

If you need to trim one goalie, I'd keep Fleury and move Halak. As it stands Andersen and Fleury are you two true legit starters, maybe Raanta too but he's less proven as "the man" for any team. Even if Fleury doesn't provide great numbers, he is still one of your actual starting goalies on your rosters you can count on to get starts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would probably drop Halak. I agree with axeman that you want to have true starters. Keeping 4 goalies in a 10 team league isn't really giving up on wins; if you want to give up on wins, keep 2. Keeping 4 is devoting a lot of your bench (assuming daily starts here) to winning 4/13 categories and I don't think you should be punting 2 of those 4.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I won't lie, I had to click the thread because I didn't know what Tninning the heard meant. LOL!

After reading the post I assume it was supposed to say Thinning the Herd but that's an assumption. If that is what you were going for, let me know and I will fix the title for you.

If you need to trim one goalie, I'd keep Fleury and move Halak. As it stands Andersen and Fleury are you two true legit starters, maybe Raanta too but he's less proven as "the man" for any team. Even if Fleury doesn't provide great numbers, he is still one of your actual starting goalies on your rosters you can count on to get starts.
    As soon as I posted it I realized how F'ed up that was, but there's no way to fix it. I posted it quick at work before the bosses came in. Serves me right. There's nothing correct about it...lmao

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    I would probably drop Halak. I agree with axeman that you want to have true starters. Keeping 4 goalies in a 10 team league isn't really giving up on wins; if you want to give up on wins, keep 2. Keeping 4 is devoting a lot of your bench (assuming daily starts here) to winning 4/13 categories and I don't think you should be punting 2 of those 4.
    I agree, I will likely bring it down to 3 once I have a better feel for things.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko