Thread: Help with Second Keeper Pick

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help with Second Keeper Pick

Need a bit of help figuring out my second keeper for one fantasy league this year. Appreciate the help.

Long story short, we have two keepers. If you keep one player, you lose your draft pick from the round that player was initially drafted in. So, if you keep your 1st round pick from last year, you don't get one this year.

The one keeper I'm set on is Pastrnak, who I picked up off the wire and would therefore lose my last pick in this years draft. I could also keep Wennberg and lose my second last pick in the draft. Basically keep Pastrnak and Wennberg and lose my last two picks. Not a terrible deal.

I'm pretty much set on keeping Pastrnak, but was curious about what you thought of my other options instead of keeping Wennberg:

Holtby (1st round pick)
    Marchand (7th round)
    Forsberg (3rd round)
    Gaudreau (2nd round)
    Doughty (4th round)
    Gostibehere (6th round)
    Radulov (5th round)

Either Marchand or Radulov (given he might be on the line with Benn and Seguin for most of the year) are also attractive options. Thoughts?

Points only, G and A.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help with Second Keeper Pick

Marchand or Wennberg for me. How much do the top guys usually get kept? Basically I'm wondering what the replacement value is at round 7?

Also how many teams in the league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Help with Second Keeper Pick

12 teams, including myself. First year for keepers, so its hard to tell but everyone has two keepers so I'm expecting most of the top guys to be kept. I won't know the full list until Wednesday though.
    ====
    12 team, keeper (Keep 2)
    G, A, SHG, OT, Hat, W, OTL, SOL, SO

Ovechkin, Marchand, Eichel, Pastrnak, Ryan Johansen, Keller, Krecji, Lucic, Boeser, Barzal
    Weber, Hanafin, Giordano, Trouba
    Holtby, Jones