Thread: Work Pool Year 3 (10F/8D)

Default Work Pool Year 3 (10F/8D)

Hey fellas hope all is well,

Year 3 of an annual pool I enter for my mother in law's firm, I came 3rd last year.
    You pick 10F / 8D and 2G only rule is you cannot have more than 2 players per team per category.

Points league with extra 0.5 for PPG and 0.2 for PIM

Going to enter two teams this year, here is what I am thinking.
    PLEASE make some suggestions (ie. I'd swap Scheifele for Wheeler on Team 1).
    I've noted the differences between Team 1 and 2 in bold

Team 1
    F: McDavid / Kane / Kucherov / Crosby / Benn / Ovechkin / Stamkos / Marchand / Scheifele / Tarasenko
    D: Burns / Karlsson / Hedman / Buff / Hamilton / Letang / OEL / Josi
    G: Murray / Holtby

Team 2
    F: McDavid / Kane / Kucherov / Crosby / Benn / Ovechkin / Stamkos / Malkin / Wheeler / Seguin
    D: Burns / Karlsson / Hedman / Buff / Hamilton / Gost / Klingberg / Shattenkirk
    G: Murray / Holtby

Bubble: Laine / Backstrom / Gaudreau / Panarin / Eichel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Work Pool Year 3 (10F/8D)

Question: How many people are in the pool? Is it small... or big?
    Different theories/strategies for each.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't mind your picks. I think risto should have some consideration as well though.

On forward I wonder if Simmonds/Perry kind of players are worth your last spot because of the PIM bonus. Getting 100 penalty minutes is an extra 20 points.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Some good choices you've made. This is what I would do. Matthews looks incredible, not just looking at his stats but his overall game has appeared to improved and he is faster than he was last year which is very good. If I were to put in 2 teams I would swap out Matthews or Seguin for Marchand and Ovechkin probably.

Forwards Defence Goalies
    McDavid Karlsson Holtby
    Crosby Burns Talbot
    Kucherov Hedman
    Kane Klingberg
    Eichel Josi
    Benn Hamilton
    Backstrom Letang
    Tarasenko Byfuglien
    Seguin
    Matthews

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would consider swapping Subban for Gost or Shattenkirk on Team 2. Then you would have Josi in one pool and Subban in the other. I think Subban might outscore Josi this year... he adjusted to Nashville last year and was starting to play really well the 2nd half.

I would consider not drafting Stamkos in both leagues... just injury risk of recent years and big question mark on how well he bounces back. I do think you have to take him in one league... but both might be risky.

I would consider swapping out Murray for Talbot in one league. Murray has had injuries in the playoffs the last two years...and has also played late into June two years in row. Has played a lot so might get injured or rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Probably 50 people this year!
    I'm all for making some big risk picks on one of the teams, I did that last year but it sucks and my conservative team came in 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would consider swapping Subban for Gost or Shattenkirk on Team 2. Then you would have Josi in one pool and Subban in the other. I think Subban might outscore Josi this year... he adjusted to Nashville last year and was starting to play really well the 2nd half.

I would consider not drafting Stamkos in both leagues... just injury risk of recent years and big question mark on how well he bounces back. I do think you have to take him in one league... but both might be risky.

I would consider swapping out Murray for Talbot in one league. Murray has had injuries in the playoffs the last two years...and has also played late into June two years in row. Has played a lot so might get injured or rested.
    Good call on the workload for Murray!
    Maybe I'll enter 3 teams haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If you could make one team with all boom or bust players (including some of the regulars ie mcdavid burns etc) what would it look like?
    Bunch of young guns maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

I do think there will be a TON of leafs on teams this year due to where we are (just north of Toronto).
    If everyone is taking Matthews/Marner maybe I should have them on one team too!?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    If you could make one team with all boom or bust players (including some of the regulars ie mcdavid burns etc) what would it look like?
    Bunch of young guns maybe?
    I would throw in home run swings in Eichel/Matthews. Both have a chance at breaking out in a big way.