Thread: Werenski or Carlson for Points?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Werenski or Carlson for Points?

Need to choose one more keeper D out of these 2 in a points only pool (other D would be Letang). Do I play it safe with Werenski or risk it with Carlson to stay healthy / contract year?
    Points only keeper league
    15 teams
    Line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=1 / SO=3

F:
    D:
    G:

The Great One

Default Re: Werenski or Carlson for Points?

Not a fan of either one, but Carlson is playing for a UFA deal, so I think he finds a way to do better than Werenski, who I see as a candidate for a major sophomore slump. Jones is for real.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Werenski or Carlson for Points?

I can see John Carlson moving on from Washington after this year.
    He will have his chance to choose his own locker-room.

He also may be paired with a rookie LD this year, as WAS will likely keep Orlov(LH)-Niskanen(RH) together.
    It won't surprise me to see Orlov become the PP1 D at the top (and prove, to some, that a lefty can feel pucks into OV's wheelhouse as well as a right ).

I'm not touching Carlson this year.
    Playing better because of a "contract year" is an over-rated theory anyways.
    90% of hockey players play hard regardless of year.
    Carlson is not the kind of guy that has been mailing in average-play and has some upper gear he'll show this year.
    He's a $7m/yr D-man just by playing the game he's played over last 4 years.
    I can even see him joining ol' buddy Alzner with the Habs next year. (cap space created by Plek moving on.)

Point is... if Carlson might be moving on, then Capitals will deeply explore their future PP1 D-man options: Orlov and/or Niskanen.

Werenski here, easy, IMO.