12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marchand

9 75.00%
  • Wheeler

3 25.00%

Thread: Marchand vs. Wheeler

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Marchand vs. Wheeler

Roto league with G, A, PPP, +/- and PIM, salary cap. Who do you like?

You believe in Marchand? Probably 65-70 points going forward. His PPP production spiked last season. Any reason to think it won't continue?

Wheeler doesn't get as many PIM or PPP as Marchand did last season but he has a longer track of production.

Marchand has the cap going for him since he'll be at $6.15 forever while Wheeler will certainly get a big raise in two years.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Default Re: Marchand vs. Wheeler

Wheeler is not a PPP guy, but he's a steady eddie. Then again, Marchand seems stapled to PP1 now, and he did even better under Cassidy than under Julien. I don't think Wheeler will seek a huge raise given his age and his likely desire to stay with a core that will be in their prime. I think you really can't lose with either one.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Generally, I love me some undervalued Wheeler, but yes, considering the settings, Winnipeg's depth of PP options, along with PIM and even +/- have me going with Marchand here.

Dobber Sports Sage

Marchand for me as well. It's an interesting comparison but I don't feel like it's all that close in this league for me.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):