Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who to draft at 9th overall??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to draft at 9th overall??

Got a prospect draft starting today in a brand new keeper league. Anyone under 82 career games and under 28 years old is eligible to be taken. Stats are G, A, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, and FW. I'm anticipating the 1st 4 picks to be some combo of Laine, Marner, Tkachuk, and Werenski for sure. In the mix to also go before I pick is probably Keller, Hischier, Patrick, Strome and possibly Point or Meier.

How would you rank these guys? Or is there someone I'm possibly missing that should go 9th in a brand new keeper league? I'm thinking I gotta take someone that will play this year and I can insert right into my lineup. I also have the 16th pick so open to suggestions there as well. Finding it kind of hard to come up with a solid list since pretty much the last 3 draft classes are available to use as long as they haven't played 82 career games.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Who to draft at 9th overall??

Well, the names you listed I would rank: Keller, Strome, Hischier, Patrick, Point and Meier. But don't forget Puljujarvi here who I would have probably right after Keller. Dubois also deserves consideration but more so for the pick #16 and not the 9th overall pick. And then there are D-men like McAvoy, Sergachev and Chabot to consider there as well. I'm too lazy to put together a complete list for you but if you can figure out a top-25 or something like that, then I can try ranking them.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

2 names that already slipped my kind are Barzal and Dvorak. I'd like to target a D with my 2nd pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheNYUPS View Post
    2 names that already slipped my kind are Barzal and Dvorak. I'd like to target a D with my 2nd pick.
    Both deserve consideration at #16 but not really at #9.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

There's also Guentzel and Bjorkstrand! But I'm expecting Guentzel to come back down to reality a bit. He can't keep up that playoff pace for a full 82 games can he?

Dobber Sports Wizard

There's also Guentzel and Bjorkstrand! But I'm expecting Guentzel to come back down to reality a bit. He can't keep up that playoff pace for a full 82 games can he?
    I would still take Guentzel at #9 if he's still there. He's a very talented player, I think he can continue putting up very good numbers for years to come. If you look at his entire season (regular season + playoffs), it comes down to 54 points in 65 games which is 68 point pace over 82 games - I don't see that being unrealistic for him at all.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So 7 picks in and it went Laine, Marner, Werenski, Tkachuk, Hischier, Keller, and Patrick as I expected. I still have no idea who to target and I'm up in 2 picks.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is your team young enough to wait on a prospect for a Couple of years? I would take a look to Russia and draft Kaprizov. If he ever decides to come to the NHL he could be legit.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would take Guentzel before the remaining names

for me

Guentzel, Puljujarvi, Point
    Dvorak, Barzal

Dubois
    Strome
    Meier

Bjorkstrand

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Mcavoy went before me, i ended up taking Strome. Puljujarvi, chabot, and barzal went after. 2 picks before mine so i'm hoping guentzel is there.

what about jost? though i already have mac so may want to diversify?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is your team young enough to wait on a prospect for a Couple of years? I would take a look to Russia and draft Kaprizov. If he ever decides to come to the NHL he could be legit.
    Kind of a mix. I think I can compete this year but I've also incorporated a number of younger guys like Mackinnon, Domi, V.Rask, S. Reinhart. Since it's a brand new league, hard to say how exactly I stack up vs the other teams.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Got Guentzel at 16 so success!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Got Guentzel at 16 so success!
    Dylan Strome AND Guentzel? That's amazing, nicely done. Hopefully you'll get your 'D' with later picks but I absolutely love going F-F with your first picks when those two were available.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My D is pretty young so if I miss out it's no big loss. I got Karlsson, PK, Schultz, Vatanen, Gardiner, and Forbort for some hits/blks. All well under 30 years old.

Dobber Sports Superstar

List the draft picks to see who got picked. Good job listening to JP. Target a D on your next pick. Strome & Guentzel nice
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO