Thread: Dumba and Chabot - what gives?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Dumba and Chabot - what gives?

So, I'm looking for a D (one year league) and available are Dumba, Leddy, Chabot, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Chara, Martinez and a few others. My Draft Guru has Dumba rated really high (+41) for our cats, but Yahoo's transaction trends have him being dropped at a 3-1 rate - 40 drops to 15 adds. Am I missing something here? Is there some injury I don't know about? Why the drops?

Chabot is being scooped up like crazy, 169 adds so far. By far the most active guy in Yahoo leagues. Maybe they're all keeper leagues?

I was leaning towards Dumba first, then Leddy. But are there things in play here that I have missed?

While I have you reading this... give me your vote for one of the D's above, ok?

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dumba and Chabot - what gives?

Yahoo's rankings are based on their standard stats - take them (always) with a grain of salt. FHG and LWL are much better / more reliable.

In a one-year league, I'm taking Leddy - he's the safe pick, he'll run the PPP and he brings a solid floor. I'm also OK with Martinez and Muzzin. Dumba has some upside but not someone I'm generally looking at. Chabot would be my first pick of this bunch in a keeper but I'll pass for any of the others in one-year. Chara - pass.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

The Great One

Leddy>Dumba

Don't focus so much on adds since they're based on preseason factors that rarely are meaningful
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

I think you will have to take Leddy. NYI should have an improved PP and for sure he should out point the others listed. The only knock would be plus minus.
    Dumba should be a solid lock for plus in the +/- part but you'll be loosing out on 15-20pts.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi