Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please tell me one of these options is better than Edler....REP CITY!!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Please tell me one of these options is better than Edler....REP CITY!!

Hey everyone

In full tilt go for it mode and need to address my bottom end D but the wire is scarce.

I am looking to drop Edler but not sure if one of these dudes is worth it. Kyle Wood also will be dropped if he doesn't stick, so potentially 2 guys off the wire.

Choices:

Colin Miller - upside for sure but probably looking at 2nd PP time behind Theo and maybe Schmidt

Brandon Carlo - big minute muncher and coaches hoping he takes more chances offensively, but buried behind Krug and McAvoy for PP. He is intriguing though...

John Moore - 12 goals in 62 games is no joke and was running the PP by the end of the year and finished with more points than name guys like Ekblad, Seabrook, Parynko, Reilly. But with Severson's new contract and Butcher on the scene, was this a one year wonder?

Calvin de Haan - finally starting to emerge a little offensively and put up career numbers. Seems to do well under Weight, but still is behind Leddy and Boychuk for PP

Longer shots....

Jake Walman, Vince Dunn, Jordan Schmaltz, Brenden Ghule

Should I just stick with Edler, or is there a breakout guy here?

Thanks!!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Please tell me one of these options is better than Edler....REP CITY!!

i like de Haan better than Edler. I know he is behind the other guys for PP time... but still don't like Edler at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Please tell me one of these options is better than Edler....REP CITY!!

Colin Miller will score about the same as Edler this year but has the chance to do more so I'd make the change.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd keep Edler. He's still higher on the depth chart than the other guys so he'll get more opportunities. I don't think you can really win or lose your pool here...best case scenario one of these guys gets 30 pts. MAX, if the heavens align.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Star

Guhle looked dominant in the prospects tourney - any chance he sticks? It is a keeper so as much as I am going for it, always nice to snag a young guy

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

The Great One

In a dynasty Id take a swing at Miller if anything. That being said keeping Edlers an option too. Last year was a down year and with no challengers on pp1- 30 points should be a fairly easy benchmark and food enough from the bottom of your roster. i like Miller- Im an owner but hes no guarantee to even pan out. If Im going for it I think Id be inclined to keep Edler- unless you start to hear something develop for him in camp/

Guhle- even if he makes it will have to battle Antipin for pp2 time behind Risto. I own him too- lol- and am a fan- but not feeling great vibes for this year yet. Hope Im wrong though :P

Dobber Sports Icon

that is quite the list of ...well...not much to choose from.

in it to win it..im holding on Edler as the rest are long shots to out perform him. if you are looking to dump him though i do like deHaan
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    that is quite the list of ...well...not much to choose from.

in it to win it..im holding on Edler as the rest are long shots to out perform him. if you are looking to dump him though i do like deHaan
    lol you said it. D rule in our league and are so scarce compared to Fwds and tenders. Edler is a frustrating guy - he averages 24 min a night and pumps 3-5 shots on most night, but has put up back to back seasons of 20 and 21 points (actually 20 points 4/5 last seasons with one 31 pt year mixed in). Don't see a rebound in sight.

Is he still on the top PP or is that Stetcher and Hutton?

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Last year was a down year and with no challengers on pp1- 30 points should be a fairly easy benchmark
    I thought so as well and was a little shocked to see that he has put up 30 points (31) only ONCE in the last FIVE years! I still remember Edler from when I used to own him when he was super solid, but wow what a decline. I keep thinking that things should rebound under Green but his body of work suggests that there is another 5 goal, 20ish point season ahead.

Kinda torn, and if I had a shred of patience I'd wait to see what happens in camp. IF...

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

The Great One

I hear ya I go by point pace usually. 2 years ago he put up 20 in 54 which pro-rates to 31 over a full season. Hes definitely not a high ceiling guy- my thinking is that if youre going for it- its easier to bank on Edler regressing (positively) to his usual mean- than to expect a significant breakout from the guys you listed. I know hes luke warm gingerale- but if he can score at a 30 point pace at the bottom of your roster youre likely padding your stats by at least 10 or more compared to the realistic 20 or so points you might expect out of the other guys.

I mean all that said- Im still not totally opposed to swinging on Miller in a dynasty. I just feel like his absolute upside this year would be 30- would actually be a monster year for him- wheras Edler is a lock for 25- with 30ish points being feasible from there...

Dobber Sports Star

I hear ya I go by point pace usually. 2 years ago he put up 20 in 54 which pro-rates to 31 over a full season. Hes definitely not a high ceiling guy- my thinking is that if youre going for it- its easier to bank on Edler regressing (positively) to his usual mean- than to expect a significant breakout from the guys you listed. I know hes luke warm gingerale- but if he can score at a 30 point pace at the bottom of your roster youre likely padding your stats by at least 10 or more compared to the realistic 320 or so points you might expect out of the other guys.

I mean all that said- Im still not totally opposed to swinging on Miller in a dynasty. I just feel like his absolute upside this year would be 30- would actually be a monster year for him- wheras Edler is a lock for 25- with 30ish points being feasible from there...
    Makes sense. Think I will hold off and see how things shake down in camp. Just chomping at the bit to do something, but the wise move is to hold Edler I suppose.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Icon

I hear ya I go by point pace usually. 2 years ago he put up 20 in 54 which pro-rates to 31 over a full season. Hes definitely not a high ceiling guy- my thinking is that if youre going for it- its easier to bank on Edler regressing (positively) to his usual mean- than to expect a significant breakout from the guys you listed. I know hes luke warm gingerale- but if he can score at a 30 point pace at the bottom of your roster youre likely padding your stats by at least 10 or more compared to the realistic 20 or so points you might expect out of the other guys.

bahahaha, never heard of anybody being compared to lukewarm ginger ale before...thats not flattering man!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Star

bahahaha, never heard of anybody being compared to lukewarm ginger ale before...thats not flattering man!
    Settles the stomach - might need some after watching the 'Nucks

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

The Great One

De Haan could give you at least 75% of what Hamonic used to do, if he stays healthy. I'd gamble on him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

One of the main writers (Ithink Laidlaw) used that term when I was defending Spurgeon in a comment on the ramblings page- lol! Struck me funny back then too- its a great line- lol :P and as per loco man- the shoe actually fits too!