Thread: Varlamov vs Lehner

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Varlamov vs Lehner

I have a tentative offer on the table. Varlamov and Barrie for my Lehner. In order to add Barrie I would drop one of Beaulieu/Petry/Vlasic. A considerable upgrade on D no matter whom I decide to drop.

Do we think Varlamov can put up 25ish wins this season with anemic Colorado? Will he even hold on to (assuming he is the starter) the main starting gig? Can he stay healthy? That said, Lehner is a bit of a band aid boy himself.

Not sure it is worth the risk. What say you Dobberites?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

Default Re: Varlamov vs Lehner

If this is for the team in your signature Id do it. Crawford and Bishop should be a good 1-2.

I would probably shelter Varlamov the whole season but not sure if that would handicap you in this league.

If you don't really need a #3 Id do this deal. If #3s are valuable it's a lot closer.

It's practically Lehner for Barrie and pray Varly turns it around. That would be the win for you. Worst case scenario is a tie for you with upside for a win.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would be looking elsewhere for D help.
    Varly is not adequate enough even on a half-decent team if Col was half-decent, which they are not.
    Lehner's situation is improving with a Sabres team that is getting better, the opposite of Varly's situation in Colorado.
    I would want nothing to do with owning Varlamov at the expense of upgrading on D even with Crawford and Bishop as your two main horses.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    If this is for the team in your signature Id do it. Crawford and Bishop should be a good 1-2.

I would probably shelter Varlamov the whole season but not sure if that would handicap you in this league.

If you don't really need a #3 Id do this deal. If #3s are valuable it's a lot closer.

It's practically Lehner for Barrie and pray Varly turns it around. That would be the win for you. Worst case scenario is a tie for you with upside for a win.
    Lehner lines up for 60 starts this season on my team. Varlamov would slot in for 57 starts. Obviously, add a handful of starts to both of those totals for the nights where one of Bishop or Crawford are sitting and Lehner/Varly are playing. So my third goalie does add a fair amount of value to my overall point total in this league (ie., will slot in for a fair amount of games).
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Superstar

though I am not a fan of Semyon the addition of Barrie will make your defense brutal to go up against.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Agreed. I would do the deal assuming Varly is your #3. I would also suggest using the "Same Night Tool" to see how many starts Varly will have v. Lehner given Bishop/Crawford.

Barrie is a nice upgrade over Petry as long as you don't have to rely on Varly too much.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm curious, your sig says this is a keep 10 and I can see who you have bolded as your keepers but is your team we see in your signature THIS YEARs roster or do you still have a draft to do somewhere after the non-keepers are dropped?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm curious, your sig says this is a keep 10 and I can see who you have bolded as your keepers but is your team we see in your signature THIS YEARs roster or do you still have a draft to do somewhere after the non-keepers are dropped?
    We have had our draft. What you see in my signature is my team for the season Axe.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    We have had our draft. What you see in my signature is my team for the season Axe.
    Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

I'd keep Lehner and try and find another way to improve your D. Varlamov is simply not worth the risk if one of Bishop or Crawford go down with an injury in a "start 2G" league. Hell, I dont even trust Varly to be there for you himself for injury protection from one of your big two simply because he is injured so often himself.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."