Thread: #2 OA and many options to choose!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default #2 OA and many options to choose!

I have a dynasty keeper today with the 2nd overall pick and torn who to go with?

Expanded pts (G,A,PIM, +/-), top 12 F, 6D, 2G counting, no salary, looking to compete this year.

Options:
    All of 2017 draft so one of Hischier or Patrick for sure, but also Arvidsson, Wennberg, Guentzel, Skjei, Slavin

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: #2 OA and many options to choose!

What's your current roster and who are you keeping from it? Context would be useful here.
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenScotsman View Post
    What's your current roster and who are you keeping from it? Context would be useful here.
    My roster needs are equal between F and D. At #2oa I'm looking for best player available short and long term

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would take Guentzel or Hischier

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    My roster needs are equal between F and D. At #2oa I'm looking for best player available short and long term
    Fair enough then! I guess your best bet is to hope Hischier doesn't go #1, since he's projected to be a top-6 forward with PP1 time right out the gate. If he does go #1, I'd say pick Guentzel and hope for a healthy season on Crosby's wing: he's got undeniable offensive skills, but he'll be held off PP1 for the time being - maybe he gets the gig next year if the Pens don't resign Hornqvist - and he'll get fewer minutes if they put him at 3C. Patrick's a nice risk/reward pick that should pay off down the line if he can stay healthy and the Flyers can figure out how to score at even strength.
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

If Hischier is there, he's my choice. If he goes 1st then I'd go with Guentzel 2nd.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."