Thread: Laine... Is he A RW or a LW?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Laine... Is he A RW or a LW?

Argh!!!

Always frustrates me when Yahoo re-opens their Fantasy Hockey league and I get to see how unstable my, previously believed to be stable championship team is from a positional standpoint.

It was my understanding that while laine was introduced to the league as a RW last year, he quickly became a LW in real life and eventually gain LW eligibility. I was pretty sure he played on the Left side all last year ... no?

And now I see Yahoo has him strictly as a RW. And what's worse, Dobber also has him at RW on his Draft list and Fantasy Guide and having just perused the Hockey News Pool Guide... he's a RW there too.

So what's the deal?

now with my limited Keeper league, I can keep a player based on last year's positional rankings, but damn... I got WAY TO MUCH weight on the RW and no where near what I need on the Left.

Not sure how this may impact my keepers.

Currently I see it as follows (Keep 14, 2 of each forward position, 4 D, 2 G and 2 Utility)
    C - Matthews, Tavares
    L - Hall, Laine (RW)
    R - Kucherov, Marner
    D - Karlsson, Josi, OEL, Yandle
    G - Jones, Crawford
    Util - Getzlaf and either Eberle, or Simmonds or do I actually Keep Kreider over one of the previous?

Or do I look to make a deal and trade away one or two of these RW's (Laine, Simmonds, Eberle.... as Kuch/Marner are untouchable IMO) for a LW?

JVR owner has been sniffing around but he has his sights locked in on Laine. He also has Panarin but I'm not so sure of Panarin in Columbus without Kane this year.

Thoughts?

I NEED LAINE TO BE LOCKED IN AT LW!

I say again...Argh!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Laine... Is he A RW or a LW?

He's a RW, just plays the off-wing on the PP.

JVR and Panarin are good targets but not for Laine. Skinner would be someone else I'd be inquiring about.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Laine is much better on the left side, and eventually the Jets will realize that and start using him there all the time. He did play both wings last season but he was always a bit lost on the right side because he's not used to it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks guys. I was pretty sure I saw him playing on the Left side quite a bit. I will cross my fingers and hope he gets LW access.

As for JVR and Skinner... (hockeymang23) yes... both could be interesting add's. But I wouldn't be looking to move any of Kucherov, Marner or Laine.

Perhaps Simmonds or Eberle. Or either with a Kreider kicker as I can only keep one of those three players (or the one I bring in on the Left Side).

Thoughts on Brayden Schenn? C/LW eligible and perhaps the next C to Tank?

Dobber Sports Pro

He will definitely be dual LW/RW, just like Ovi is every single year. Don't sweat it too hard.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    He will definitely be dual LW/RW, just like Ovi is every single year. Don't sweat it too hard.
    Yeah, you're likely right. Just became very evident to me that Hall (not the Hall he was in Edmonton) and Laine (not even showing at LW) challenged me on the Left side with So much depth at RW (can't even keep guys like Eberle (RW) or Kreider/Lucic(LW)... maybe not even Simmonds at RW).