Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Canada did a great job in both World Wars. I have great respect for those brave men who fought at Passchendaele and Dieppe. But lets not kid here. If you think the ultimate defender of your freedom and way of life is the Canadian Forces then you are naive and/or delusional. The Canadian Forces are a nice little professional army but they arent worrying any of the major baddies of the world. Do you think Putin and his global ambitions are really being deterred from attacking Canada by Princess Patricia's Light Infantry, or is it actually the United States Marine Corps?

Saying America never really cared about fighting Nazis is the stupidest thing you have ever written on these boards and I wont bother answering. The second sentence of the paragraph just makes you look like an idiot who has no grasp of history at all or, more likely, you are just performing your usual annoying trolling act. The facts are undeniably on my side. Western Europe is littered with American military cemeteries and thats really all the proof my point requires.
    Haha. Putin? Really? Did you honestly just go there? You're honestly saying that the guy who's currently running your country is actually scared of your country? You could have pulled out a ton of examples there, but actually Putin? That was awesome man, God did you ever just punch yourself in the face.

As for the Nazi's thing, as we've previously gone over, the US had no interest in fighting the Nazi's until attacked, and again, who knows if they would ever have been unless they were attacked. So like I said. History is on my side, and this really isn't the argument the US can claim moral high ground on lol. Literal history said they weren't interested in fighting Nazi's until Japan attacked them. That's just facts straight out of history books. Sorry kid.

Also by saying "I won't bother answering", while answering, is quite the contradiction you have going on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As for the Nazi's thing, as we've previously gone over, the US had no interest in fighting the Nazi's until attacked, and again, who knows if they would ever have been unless they were attacked. So like I said. History is on my side, and this really isn't the argument the US can claim moral high ground on lol. Literal history said they weren't interested in fighting Nazi's until Japan attacked them. That's just facts straight out of history books. Sorry kid.

Also by saying "I won't bother answering", while answering, is quite the contradiction you have going on.
    None of the Allies joined the war until their parent countries were attacked. That was the usual foreign policy for democracies back then. You do not declare war until first attacked. Britain and France were both obligated by treaty to attack Germany if it invaded Poland. The United States was not so obligated. Canada, like most of the world's democracies, was not clamoring for war either. Canada only entered the war in '39 because you were contractually obligated to defend your British overlords if they were attacked. Furthermore, the US was unready even if the Germans had attacked us. Our military was pitiful in 1939. If I am remembering correctly we were the 35th most powerful army in the world at the time. And as I have already mentioned, many Americans traveled overseas at their own expense to enlist in Allied armed forces until America entered the war. One of the more famous of these American ex-pat units was the Flying Tigers of the Chinese Air Force. Many other American pilots served the the RAF and RCAF. Many Americans in the Merchant Marine were killed in action running the U-boat blockades to deliver arms and food to Britain during the Battle of the Atlantic in 1940. I can go on and on. Yes, one faction of the American political system was not interested in fighting the Nazis in 1939 and prevented any official large-scale American involvement. But thousands and thousands of Americans put their lives on the line against the Nazis nonetheless.

And by the way, Indiana Jones was fighting Nazis long before anyone and he was an American.

Dobber Sports Star

Canada did a great job in both World Wars. I have great respect for those brave men who fought at Passchendaele and Dieppe. But lets not kid here. If you think the ultimate defender of your freedom and way of life is the Canadian Forces then you are naive and/or delusional. The Canadian Forces are a nice little professional army but they arent worrying any of the major baddies of the world. Do you think Putin and his global ambitions are really being deterred from attacking Canada by Princess Patricia's Light Infantry, or is it actually the United States Marine Corps?

Saying America never really cared about fighting Nazis is the stupidest thing you have ever written on these boards and I wont bother answering. The second sentence of the paragraph just makes you look like an idiot who has no grasp of history at all or, more likely, you are just performing your usual annoying trolling act. The facts are undeniably on my side. Western Europe is littered with American military cemeteries and thats really all the proof my point requires.
    I guess the flip side of the "Canada is delusional if we think Canadian forces are the defender of our freedom" is that "America is arrogant and has an overly developed sense of self-importance" when it comes to providing the rest of the world with protection. It looks silly; America busting into the room waving their big stick and saying to everyone in that cheesy superhero voice "I'll save you!", while Canada and everyone else in the room looks around questioningly and say "umm, we never asked for you to save us in the first place?"

Let's be real; Canada doesn't make many enemies and they are well respected on the world stage. What do we need protection from? Frankly, the only reason we are at any risk, is the splashback that we would get from the people who are pissed off at the United States...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Haha. Putin? Really? Did you honestly just go there? You're honestly saying that the guy who's currently running your country is actually scared of your country? You could have pulled out a ton of examples there, but actually Putin? That was awesome man, God did you ever just punch yourself in the face.
    Donald Trump is temporary. I repudiate him and so do the majority of Americans. He was elected on a technicality and is unlikely to serve out his full term given how his first 6 months have gone. Despite what Trump thinks, he is not empowered as a dictator. The vast majority of Americans do not agree with him on most issues and certainly not any of his foreign policy. The rest of your first paragraph makes no sense at all so I dont have a response. Perhaps you should do a better job of editing your remarks so you can be more clearly understood.

I have worked with many Canadian soldiers over the years. Go and ask any of them what the Canadian Forces war plan for invasion of your country is. All of them, no matter what rank, will answer you with one sentence: "Hang on until the Americans get here."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I guess the flip side of the "Canada is delusional if we think Canadian forces are the defender of our freedom" is that "America is arrogant and has an overly developed sense of self-importance" when it comes to providing the rest of the world with protection. It looks silly; America busting into the room waving their big stick and saying to everyone in that cheesy superhero voice "I'll save you!", while Canada and everyone else in the room looks around questioningly and say "umm, we never asked for you to save us in the first place?"

Let's be real; Canada doesn't make many enemies and they are well respected on the world stage. What do we need protection from? Frankly, the only reason we are at any risk, is the splashback that we would get from the people who are pissed off at the United States...

Rylant

What do we need protection from?

Many extinct nations asked that question not long before a foreign invader swept them off the map.

A major global confrontation is coming in the future. When someone comes for your cheese and maple syrup, you will be damned happy we are there. We have always been good allies in the past and that will continue long into the future. I apologize for Trump's buffoonery and I sincerely hope he doesnt do anything stupid that gets either of us into trouble. Our historic alliance is greater than any one man, no matter how idiotic and loathsome he may be.

Dobber Sports Star

I have worked with many Canadian soldiers over the years. Go and ask any of them what the Canadian Forces war plan for invasion of your country is. All of them, no matter what rank, will answer you with one sentence: "Hang on until the Americans get here."
    Yes! Please, America, be our moral compass and save everyone! And while your at it, American, can you please show us your magnificent dick again?

Please... spare me...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Nobody can say for sure, but if Canada ever gets invaded in the way you speak, my bet is that it will be BECAUSE of the USA, so don't feel too heroic when you come to save us...

Dobber Sports Sage

I made no mention of superior morality or dick size and your sophomoric and sarcastic attempts at humor belittle you and your argument.

I deal only from geopolitical reality. Your country sleeps under a blanket of peace and freedom that is ultimately guaranteed by the United States military. You're welcome.

Dobber Sports Star

I made no mention of superior morality or dick size and your sophomoric and sarcastic attempts at humor belittle you and your argument.

I deal only from geopolitical reality. Your country sleeps under a blanket of peace and freedom that is ultimately guaranteed by the United States military. You're welcome.
    My sarcasm was very intentional and exaggerated to illustrate a point. So, when you are finished blowing yourself about how important the US is, maybe we can have a serious discussion about it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

You gotta give us Canadians some credit, USA looking after us is inevitable based on geography alone. So why would we invest heavily in military? You don't bring beer to an open bar.
    Just playin the cards we were dealt.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    You gotta give us Canadians some credit, USA looking after us is inevitable based on geography alone. So why would we invest heavily in military? You don't bring beer to an open bar.
    Just playin the cards we were dealt.
    Not to mention bringing lumber, water, electricity and oil to the party, eh?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Nobody can say for sure, but if Canada ever gets invaded in the way you speak, my bet is that it will be BECAUSE of the USA, so don't feel too heroic when you come to save us...
    This is more accurate than anything. The world right now is a more dangerous place because of the US. We're definitely not living in a current global environment where the US is making things more safe.

Donald Trump is temporary. I repudiate him and so do the majority of Americans. He was elected on a technicality and is unlikely to serve out his full term given how his first 6 months have gone. Despite what Trump thinks, he is not empowered as a dictator. The vast majority of Americans do not agree with him on most issues and certainly not any of his foreign policy. The rest of your first paragraph makes no sense at all so I dont have a response. Perhaps you should do a better job of editing your remarks so you can be more clearly understood.

It makes perfect sense. Putin is currently running the United States with Trump as his puppet. That's exactly what I said. I very much doubt Putin is scared of the country he's currently running and controlling through a surrogate.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Not to mention bringing lumber, water, electricity and oil to the party, eh?
    Sssssh dont remind the Americans about the oil...we might be in trouble then.
    ..jokes
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer