Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Of course there was good guys on both sides, and bad guys on both sides but it's what each side was fighting for that matters just as much as who was doing the fighting.

If I have to sit here and explain to you why Nazism was the worst case scenario, and why defeating it was a good thing, then this whole conversation will take a much different direction. Wow.
    I agree with you.

I think the cartoon would be more impactful and direct if the quote said "Both causes are worth fighting for", or something along that ilk.

Dobber Sports Star

The reality is that both sides were full of idiots. Yelling "black lives matter" and "white lives matter" in each-others faces... so stupid and senseless from both sides.

If the "good" side would have just let the original protesters do their thing, they would have been exposed for the idiots they are. Instead, the "good" guys come in and start getting violent and mucking things up, making the grey areas Trump was referring to. When the "good" guys start doing bad things, the line between good and bad gets blurred, and causes more people to go to the "bad" side. It's what they want. It's just like the supposed "war on terror". Bad guys attack the good guys, so the good guys go nuts and start rampaging, which only makes it easier for the bad guys to convince themselves and others that THEY are in fact the good guys. You can't sink to their level.

Dobber Sports Pro

This conversation will take a whole different spin if we start arguing nazi's v soviet communist's ha.
    I believe Hitler is the most evil man to ever exist, but the Gulag Archipelago detailing the horrific acts done by the Soviet regime on there own people is the hardest thing i've ever read, atrocity after atrocity.
    Both were pure evil regimes, that enslaved and murdered millions. I dont think anything the western allies did in either World War at all compares to what happened in Eastern Europe in terms of subjectively judging good and bad. The western countries were clearly the good guys in ww2, but we had an ally in the Soviets who were evil.

Now Antifa proudly waves the Soviet hammer & sickle flag where ever they go, there members and many other morons wear Che Guevera shirts like he was anything but an overt racist and murderer, like Dan Carlin said in his Eastern front podcast about Soviets v Germany, i'm gonna say about Antifa v Nazis, this is a bad guy vs bad guy story. Damnit now I sound like Trump. For the record if I was President I would have focused on speaking out harshly against this Nazi gathering, as its so rare and deeply offensive to so many, where as Antifa gather every time a college hosts a conservative speaker so you can go after them another time.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    The reality is that both sides were full of idiots. Yelling "black lives matter" and "white lives matter" in each-others faces... so stupid and senseless from both sides.

If the "good" side would have just let the original protesters do their thing, they would have been exposed for the idiots they are. Instead, the "good" guys come in and start getting violent and mucking things up, making the grey areas Trump was referring to. When the "good" guys start doing bad things, the line between good and bad gets blurred, and causes more people to go to the "bad" side. It's what they want. It's just like the supposed "war on terror". Bad guys attack the good guys, so the good guys go nuts and start rampaging, which only makes it easier for the bad guys to convince themselves and others that THEY are in fact the good guys. You can't sink to their level.
    Both sides, blah blah blah. There is no equivalancy here and anyone who tries to argue it is full of dung.

Only one side got into a vehicle and plowed it through a street crowded with people in hopes of killing as many as they could.

Trump is wrong and so are you.

BTW, kicking the shit out of Nazi scum is as American an activity as I can think of. It's what Made America Great in the first place. I fail to see anything wrong with confronting fascists and white supremacists, we fought the Civil War and WWII for these exact same purposes. Nazis and the KKK should be met with scorn, ridicule, and yes violence if necessary, anytime they stick their heads out from the rocks they are hiding under. We owe it to those who died for our freedom.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Both sides, blah blah blah. There is no equivalancy here and anyone who tries to argue it is full of dung.

Only one side got into a vehicle and plowed it through a street crowded with people in hopes of killing as many as they could.

BTW, kicking the shit out of Nazi scum is as American an activity as I can think of. It's what Made America Great in the first place. I fail to see anything wrong with confronting fascists and white supremacists, we fought the Civil War and WWII for these exact same purposes. Nazis and the KKK should be met with scorn, ridicule, and yes violence if necessary, anytime they stick their heads out from the rocks they are hiding under. We owe it to those who died for our freedom.
    Okay, you keep on kickin' ass then. Good luck with your country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    This conversation will take a whole different spin if we start arguing nazi's v soviet communist's ha.
    I believe Hitler is the most evil man to ever exist, but the Gulag Archipelago detailing the horrific acts done by the Soviet regime on there own people is the hardest thing i've ever read, atrocity after atrocity.
    Both were pure evil regimes, that enslaved and murdered millions. I dont think anything the western allies did in either World War at all compares to what happened in Eastern Europe in terms of subjectively judging good and bad. The western countries were clearly the good guys in ww2, but we had an ally in the Soviets who were evil.

Now Antifa proudly waves the Soviet hammer & sickle flag where ever they go, there members and many other morons wear Che Guevera shirts like he was anything but an overt racist and murderer, like Dan Carlin said in his Eastern front podcast about Soviets v Germany, i'm gonna say about Antifa v Nazis, this is a bad guy vs bad guy story. Damnit now I sound like Trump. For the record if I was President I would have focused on speaking out harshly against this Nazi gathering, as its so rare and deeply offensive to so many, where as Antifa gather every time a college hosts a conservative speaker so you can go after them another time.

America was around for like 150 years prior to WW2 and didnt enter the war for almost 3 years. I'm not sure that is what made America great in the first place.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    America was around for like 150 years prior to WW2 and didnt enter the war for almost 3 years. I'm not sure that is what made America great in the first place.
    Nobody attacked us until December 1941. We used to have smart rulers who understood that democracies dont declare war unilaterally. They take the hit, claim the moral high ground of being the aggrieved party, then unleash all hell upon the enemy. Somewhere along the line the ruling class lost sight of that. BTW, we were providing a vast bulk of war material for Britain and the Allies during the time our armed forces werent engaged. And many Americans enlisted in the British, French, Chinese and Canadian armies at the outset of the war in order to get involved even though their own country wasnt yet.

Nobody attacked us until December 1941. We used to have smart rulers who understood that democracies dont declare war unilaterally. They take the hit, claim the moral high ground of being the aggrieved party, then unleash all hell upon the enemy. Somewhere along the line the ruling class lost sight of that. BTW, we were providing a vast bulk of war material for Britain and the Allies during the time our armed forces werent engaged. And many Americans enlisted in the British, French, Chinese and Canadian armies at the outset of the war in order to get involved even though their own country wasnt yet.
    I'm just saying. They weren't really that concerned or interested in fighting Nazi's at the start of the war, and who knows if they would have been without being attacked, so it would seem a stretch to say that fighting Nazi's is the most American thing America ever did America.

Dobber Sports Star

a stretch to say that fighting Nazi's is the most American thing America ever did America.
    I don't know if the last America in that sentence was intentional or an accident, but I laughed. America!

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm just saying. They weren't really that concerned or interested in fighting Nazi's at the start of the war, and who knows if they would have been without being attacked, so it would seem a stretch to say that fighting Nazi's is the most American thing America ever did America.
    In 20/20 retrospect, yes it was wrong that America didn't get involved at the outset. But some things were different back then. We did not have a large military ready for total war at a moment's notice. One thing that was the same however is that the Republican Party was tacitly pro-fascist and had no interest in fighting them. There was no will to declare war in Congress until Pearl Harbor. Obviously we know now what the Nazi is and what he is bringing and we can kill any nascent movement in the cradle before full-on war is necessary. As long as we have a President who doesnt actually agree with most of their ideology, that is.

Feel free to mock America all you want. I and my countrymen are pleased to provide you with the freedom and security you enjoy that allows you to express yourself as you wish.

In 20/20 retrospect, yes it was wrong that America didn't get involved at the outset. But some things were different back then. We did not have a large military ready for total war at a moment's notice. One thing that was the same however is that the Republican Party was tacitly pro-fascist and had no interest in fighting them. There was no will to declare war in Congress until Pearl Harbor. Obviously we know now what the Nazi is and what he is bringing and we can kill any nascent movement in the cradle before full-on war is necessary. As long as we have a President who doesnt actually agree with most of their ideology, that is.

Feel free to mock America all you want. I and my countrymen are pleased to provide you with the freedom and security you enjoy that allows you to express yourself as you wish.
    There were a number of nations at fault in that respect. God knows how much the Swiss made off of that regime. Auto industry manufacturing cars in Germany under a different name so no one would know. It was a sad state of affairs and many countries should be ashamed of their behavior.
    @SmittysRant

Canada had a fairly large impact on that war, and I don't owe America anything for my freedom. That's a typical American mentality, that is obviously false but I don't particularly care.

All I've said, all along, is stop pretending like America ever really cared about fighting Nazi's lol. History isn't on your side on this one and you're literally trying to argue against facts.

Dobber Sports Star

232151911.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Haha

Dobber Sports Sage

Canada had a fairly large impact on that war, and I don't owe America anything for my freedom. That's a typical American mentality, that is obviously false but I don't particularly care.

All I've said, all along, is stop pretending like America ever really cared about fighting Nazi's lol. History isn't on your side on this one and you're literally trying to argue against facts.
    Canada did a great job in both World Wars. I have great respect for those brave men who fought at Passchendaele and Dieppe. But lets not kid here. If you think the ultimate defender of your freedom and way of life is the Canadian Forces then you are naive and/or delusional. The Canadian Forces are a nice little professional army but they arent worrying any of the major baddies of the world. Do you think Putin and his global ambitions are really being deterred from attacking Canada by Princess Patricia's Light Infantry, or is it actually the United States Marine Corps?

Saying America never really cared about fighting Nazis is the stupidest thing you have ever written on these boards and I wont bother answering. The second sentence of the paragraph just makes you look like an idiot who has no grasp of history at all or, more likely, you are just performing your usual annoying trolling act. The facts are undeniably on my side. Western Europe is littered with American military cemeteries and thats really all the proof my point requires.