Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Trump's sad statement on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    No president or world leader has ever met this criteria for all his people, thats why its always subjective.
    I see your point, but while we're on the topic, if you think Hillary was that saint you're describing...well im sorry.

I would argue Obama fulfilled all of the aforementioned criteria, just off the top of my head.

I dont doubt that Trump is mightily corrupt, but there is mountains of evidence pointing out the depths of Hillary's corruption while working at the state department, its indisputable, saying 1 is worse then the other is like saying the giant douche is better then the turd sandwich.

No. Trumps corruption is actually one of his lesser vices. I wish he was only a run of the mill corrupt politician.

I thought this thread would go ugly but im havin fun. Im with people like Joe Rogan and Dan Carlin when they say we need to get rid of the president, make it 2 jobs like a lot of Europeans do. A figure head President, who is charming and persuasive, and a behind the scenes Prime Minister who gets things done. Tho imagine Trump as Pres, Hillary as PM....im not a doomsday guy but that may have been the apocalypse.
    I am having fun too
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

And millions of people would disagree about Obama fulfilling all that criteria.
    I liked Obama but I think his foreign policy decisions were pretty questionable, I dont like blaming individuals for world events, i'm a "trends and forces" guy when it comes to analyzing history and current events, but the current state of the middle east is not a sign of good foreign policy. The expansion of the NSA, strictly punishing whistle blowers, drone bombings of american citizens abroad without any due process, off the top of my head, are also legacies of Obama, it wasnt all roses. You will also have a hard time meeting many cops who remain big Obama fans after he spent 40 minutes at the funerals of the 5 murdered cops in Dallas to talk about the race issue in America and the previous cases of black men being killed by cops. I know it was extremely relevant to these cops death, but there's a time and place, and that wasnt it.
    ps. Half of that Dallas funeral speech was amazing, classic Obama grace. Then it went off the rails a bit there.

There's zero doubt in my mind Obama would still be president if they were allowed 3 terms like us Canadians are. Americans are so paranoid of Kings they are destined to end up with one eventually.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Oh, I beg to differ.

You can beg to differ all you want. Whatever you feel about John Oliver, he does a pretty solid job of objectively outlining the corruption of both candidates in this video. It's not my opinion that Trump is more corrupt than Hillary, it's the opinion of facts. If you live in the universe where facts don't matter anymore, that's your prerogative, but I think wonko and Bomm summed it up pretty well. It's not an opinion that says you'd be wrong, it's uh, just facts.

Dobber Sports Star

The arrogance to assume you know all of the "facts" required to make an accurate judgement of which one is worse than the other is pretty astonishing. I guess John Oliver (and yourself by extension) has access to every bit of information needed to make that call. I suppose none of these corrupt doings from either side could possibly go undetected, so it's as easy as just tallying them up like Scrabble scores to see which side is worse...

Dobber Sports Pro

If your stance is "I'm the one with facts", but your facts are a John Oliver video...something's off. I mean really, that's weak.

once again, giant douche v turd sandwich
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    The arrogance to assume you know all of the "facts" required to make an accurate judgement of which one is worse than the other is pretty astonishing. I guess John Oliver (and yourself by extension) has access to every bit of information needed to make that call. I suppose none of these corrupt doings from either side could possibly go undetected, so it's as easy as just tallying them up like Scrabble scores to see which side is worse...
    Man if we had to have been there for everything we talk about, there wouldn't be much to talk about. I wasn't there when they landed on the moon. Does that mean they didn't go? I never fought in any of the world wars. Does that mean they didn't happen? Of course they did. It's called documentation and everything we know about history is based on documentation. These are just opinions, backed by arguments of what we believe from what we have read and seen on television. Nothing less. Nothing more. It's similar to religion. People believe what they want to believe based on their knowledge. Also, sometimes, it is just common sense, which seems to be something Trump lacks.

Dobber Sports Titan

I said harsher things yesterday about Tim Horton's when they didn't fill my coffee up all the way than Trump said about the Neo-Natzis.

I've read stronger opinions against a hockey player on here than Trump said about Neo-Natzis.

My 5yr old niece said harsher things about my cooking on Saturday than trump said about Neo-Natzis.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    And millions of people would disagree about Obama fulfilling all that criteria.
    I liked Obama but I think his foreign policy decisions were pretty questionable, I dont like blaming individuals for world events, i'm a "trends and forces" guy when it comes to analyzing history and current events, but the current state of the middle east is not a sign of good foreign policy. The expansion of the NSA, strictly punishing whistle blowers, drone bombings of american citizens abroad without any due process, off the top of my head, are also legacies of Obama, it wasnt all roses. You will also have a hard time meeting many cops who remain big Obama fans after he spent 40 minutes at the funerals of the 5 murdered cops in Dallas to talk about the race issue in America and the previous cases of black men being killed by cops. I know it was extremely relevant to these cops death, but there's a time and place, and that wasnt it.
    ps. Half of that Dallas funeral speech was amazing, classic Obama grace. Then it went off the rails a bit there.

There's zero doubt in my mind Obama would still be president if they were allowed 3 terms like us Canadians are. Americans are so paranoid of Kings they are destined to end up with one eventually.
    You make a lot of strong points donions. And just so you know, I was certainly not a big fan of Hillary either. Just the old lesser of two evils kinda thing. In the end I just hope America pulls through this 4 years without to much irreparable damage, and that each party fields two better candidates next election.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    You make a lot of strong points donions. And just so you know, I was certainly not a big fan of Hillary either. Just the old lesser of two evils kinda thing. In the end I just hope America pulls through this 4 years without to much irreparable damage, and that each party fields two better candidates next election.
    I am hoping we get through these next 3+ years without going to WWIII. Ugh!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am hoping we get through these next 3+ years without going to WWIII. Ugh!
    I would bet Trump doesn't last his full term.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Saw this video this morning which was fairly poignant and funny

https://youtu.be/o-yDAUi7-eg
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    So you're saying Hillary is more corrupt because of the things she has done that nobody knows. That's......something.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

You can beg to differ all you want. Whatever you feel about John Oliver, he does a pretty solid job of objectively outlining the corruption of both candidates in this video. It's not my opinion that Trump is more corrupt than Hillary, it's the opinion of facts. If you live in the universe where facts don't matter anymore, that's your prerogative, but I think wonko and Bomm summed it up pretty well. It's not an opinion that says you'd be wrong, it's uh, just facts.

I have always wished that some forum other than comedy outlets denounced the objective faults of political administrations. However poignant or witty the comments, satire just lacks the same punch as more serious or formal methods of denouncing problems with political regimes.

We, we the World, just can't afford to have someone at the helm of any state believe that some nazis or neo-nazis are fine people. The last time we did, we lost over 20 million humans. We just can't afford it...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I have always wished that some forum other than comedy outlets denounced the objective faults of political administrations. However poignant or witty the comments, satire just lacks the same punch as more serious or formal methods of denouncing problems with political regimes.

We, we the World, just can't afford to have someone at the helm of any state believe that some nazis or neo-nazis are fine people. The last time we did, we lost over 20 million humans. We just can't afford it...
    I agree on all accounts

Dobber Sports All-Star

Kimmel is right on. It is one thing after another with this guy. Not that anyone should be surprised though, because he won the election with the exact same behaviour.