Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Daniel Sprong

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Daniel Sprong

Pittsburgh is doing a great job bringing up winger prospects who look great playing with Crosby and/or Malkin but the one thing they forget to do after that is trade them to acquire better players. The return for Guentzel would have been amazing last summer, and they could have replaced him with Sprong who they could trade next summer.

In fantasy hockey, now is a great time to put Sprong on the trading block and see what kind of return you could get. Some rebuilding teams would definitely offer very good upgrades to your roster.

Dobber Sports Expert

Not sure I totally agree woth that having seen alot of Sprong. Kid can plain out score. Sure the Crosby factor helps. But Sprong and Guentzel are damm good scorers. Guentzel like many kids (Marner etc)struggle in the early going after fast starts. So really hard to say.
    But again that's just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Jedi

hype would be a lot higher on Sprong if he had a healthy Jr. career. in his abbreviated seasons he was just deadly. He's been healthy in his 1st pro year and putting up almost identical QMJHL numbers with the baby Pens. Sprong's gonna be the real deal. I traded Shatty for Skinner & Sprong to a D starved team. I didn't even get a counter. I wouldn't have done it if Sprong wasn't in the deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    hype would be a lot higher on Sprong if he had a healthy Jr. career. in his abbreviated seasons he was just deadly. He's been healthy in his 1st pro year and putting up almost identical QMJHL numbers with the baby Pens. Sprong's gonna be the real deal. I traded Shatty for Skinner & Sprong to a D starved team. I didn't even get a counter. I wouldn't have done it if Sprong wasn't in the deal.
    Wow solid trade

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Nice move doe!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Pittsburgh is doing a great job bringing up winger prospects who look great playing with Crosby and/or Malkin but the one thing they forget to do after that is trade them to acquire better players. The return for Guentzel would have been amazing last summer, and they could have replaced him with Sprong who they could trade next summer.

In fantasy hockey, now is a great time to put Sprong on the trading block and see what kind of return you could get. Some rebuilding teams would definitely offer very good upgrades to your roster.
    Im worried cause I almost never disagree with you (and especially about prospects- lol!)- but I think youre underselling Sprong here. Ive only got about five fgames worth of eye test, but I plowed through about three hours of Sprong anaysis and articles last night and Im am substantially more pumped then I was before (and I was freaking out already- haha!).

Dobber Sports Titan

First time I saw Sprong was in Ottawa when he was 8, playing in a 10 year old tournament. I think he averaged about 7 points a game, and he was passing to teammates on breakaways. I've been excited about him since.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    From everything reading he's being called a true sniper.
    Bt everything, do you mean the dobber prospects write-up in which the writer calls him a sniper 10 times? And the "flying dutchman" almost as many. I hope Sprong's great, but writers have to mix things up a bit!
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius