Thread: Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tkachuk

Hey all,

I am wondering why a lot of people have Tkachuk's ceiling fairly low.

Why do YOU think he will never hit 75-80 pts?

When I look at his stats, he seems to have good contribution at all levels. Had a great first year and showed progress as the year went by. Why would that stop?

The Great One

Default Re: Tkachuk

There were only 10 players last year that got 75 points...

Tkachuk still have a ton of value, especially in multicat. But in points only I don't see him as being an elite guy...

Dobber Sports Monster

I hope you're right that he has the potential. Absolutely love what he brings to the table and wish Montreal had a guy like him on their team. Overall he is my favorite active NHL player. I have him pegged more as a potential 60-65 pt player but think it's possible for 70.

Gotta love this guys mindset and how he gets in his opponents faces every night and doesn't back down or cower to anyone. I like how after the Doughty incident which in itself was uncalled for - he went right after Doughty every shift and let him know he's not backing down to him. This kid definitely gets it to what it means to be a real hockey player. A real man - old school/throwback player.

Dobber Sports Deity

You said it yourself, he has good contributions. Good doesn't get ya to 75-80pts. That level of scoring is usually done by players who are better than good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

He is playing behind Gaudeau. Won't get the big power play minutes. Will spend a hundred minutes in the box. On Calgary, right now, he's a 50 point guy.