Thread: Gudas and Borowiecki

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gudas and Borowiecki

I'm drafting in a Dynasty Start Up league and I was wondering when it is too early to start drafting these guys?

League includes PIM's, Hits, and Blocks.

I feel as though if you own both in a league like that you could almost compete every week in those categories.

I'm in round 9 and wasn't going to necessarily take them yet, but I don't want to wait too late and miss out.

Would you take them over guys like Trouba, Faulk, Klefbom?
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Gudas and Borowiecki

i own boro in most of my leagues bc of hits he's golden. That being said they are later round picks. Gudos might go sooner bc people tend to believe he has some scoring ability.

How many rounds is your league? And no I wouldn't take them over the guys you mentioned.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Gudas is more valuable than Borwiecki but both guys are not as valueable as Trouba, Faulk or Klefbom. Who did you end up going with?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

pretty even in my books. I'd probably lean towards borwiecki because gudas has injury history and so many of his hits are suspension worthy theres risk of more missed games. But as said I'd grab a proven offensive dman like faulk/klefbom/trouba first.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take Faulk, Trouba and Klefbom long before either of the others.

How many players do you roster?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Radko Gudas is #23 in the Dobber Top 100 Rotisserie players. He is indeed that valuable especially with those 3 cats listed. Arguably he is an elite guy with these scoring cats but he will not score a lot obviously. Something less talked about with Gudas is he is actually a legit defender and managed to finish with positive plus minus in Philly. If you know others are looking at him you have to move up your ranks plain and simple but I will be called nuts and say you can realistically go for him after Round 7. You're getting 1 hit, 1 shot, 1 block minimum each and every night. Can count on 2 PIM often as well. Plain and simple he hits the scoreboard well for ya and is worth the pick. My championship squad this year he was on my D core alongside those 3 keepers and nobody touched me in peripherals week by week.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd go Gudas, just because I think Boro's minutes may take a hit this year while OTT figures out who play some where. Born may even end up being a healthy scratch this year at times. If OTT decides to play with EK, Phaneuf, Ceci, Oduya and give Chabot a shot, that leaves one spot for Claesson, Boro, Harpur and Wideman to fight over, and Dorion had a lot of good things to say about Claesson during the playoffs.