Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help!! I have the first pick in my prospects draft...

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Need help!! I have the first pick in my prospects draft...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    How does your farm system work? Won't all of these guys be playing this year? We are adding a minor bench to our league but only players in the minors can be stored there.

Just curious

Thanks
    Our lineup is 12 forwards (no positional requirements), 3 defencemen and 1 keeper.
    That's our starting lineup.
    Straight up points only no cap.
    Our farm system is 34 players deep because we carry 50 total.
    As long as you have a few subs for injuries your farm could potentially be 85% prospects or rookies.
    Because we had a GM leave the league and couldn't find a taker for his team, we voted to absorb it into the draft.
    Normally we wouldn't have guys like Strome or Keller available because they would already have been drafted in previous years.
    So to your question...our farm system is very very basic.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Need help!! I have the first pick in my prospects draft...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    How does your farm system work? Won't all of these guys be playing this year? We are adding a minor bench to our league but only players in the minors can be stored there.

Just curious

Thanks
    Our lineup is 12 forwards (no positional requirements), 3 defencemen and 1 keeper.
    That's our starting lineup.
    Straight up points only no cap.
    Our farm system is 34 players deep because we carry 50 total.
    As long as you have a few subs for injuries your farm could potentially be 85% prospects or rookies.
    Because we had a GM leave the league and couldn't find a taker for his team, we decided to absorb it into the draft.
    Normally we wouldn't have guys like Strome, Pulj or Keller available because they would already have been drafted in previous years.
    So our farm system is quite basic with not really any rules or requirements. Some teams have it stacked with depth type older players (because they're trying to win now) and others at the bottom have a loaded prospect pool.