Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Re-signed] Mika Zibanejad

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Re-signed] Mika Zibanejad

I actually like this signing and think he may surprise a few people next year. I'm taking the over on 60 points as long as he plays 75+ games. If he can get back to the hit numbers he was putting up in Ottawa, then you have got yourself some stud-ly numbers at a solid cap hit.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't mind the price but the term too high for my liking for a guy with low upside. Should have bridged him. They could have just kept brassard and paid him less over the next two season. New yorks centres look very weak right now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    I really wish Zibs would get back to his hitting ways.

Curious why he had such a precipitous decrease in that category.
    It could be that official scorers differ on what constitutes a hit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It could be that official scorers differ on what constitutes a hit.
    That being said, others in NY have no problem racking them up in that category. I think it was either a change in playing style from C to wing or something, a lingering injury that affected him, or just how he fit into the Rangers system meant less hitting.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That being said, others in NY have no problem racking them up in that category. I think it was either a change in playing style from C to wing or something, a lingering injury that affected him, or just how he fit into the Rangers system meant less hitting.
    ^Just to add on to that hits comment, I think I remember reading somewhere that two of the better arenas for generously noting hits were NJ and in NY for the Rangers. No idea where I would look to try and dig it up again though, sorry.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I have Zibby for 60 plus if, like Eskimo says, he stays healthy. Number #1 center for the Rangers. Also excellent in the face off circle if your league counts FOW. Could be a good later round sleeper pick.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

A few points to clarify

Zibanejad's agent is his brother so they kept it in the family. In a way, a little similar to Markov who is representing himself. Glad they got the deal done.

“It’s something I was hoping would happen,” Zibanejad said on a conference call. “I’m so happy the deal was done. I love playing in New York. I’m so excited to be staying for the next five years.”

Most of Mika's offense this past season came off the rush and with cross ice feeds as both he and Jesper Fast are the only 2 right handed shots. So the drop in the physical stuff may just be AV asking him to play on the defensive side of the puck and let his wingers do the digging, mucking and grinding for the most part.

This means that the NY rangers situation has really clarified

Zibanejad is clearly top dog
    Kevin Hayes takes over the 2 spot

there are a number of candidates for the other 2 slots including Deharnais, JT Miller, and as fellow ranger fan Luigi will tell you Lias Andersson is certainly in the running to make the club with a solid camp showing

I reckon we see JT on the wing to start, but he may end up at pivot by playoff time

There is no doubt that Mika has the size and wheels to play the position, the question is will he be consistent there. NY is betting he does

For the record I don't think he is "better" than Brassard who has quite a few crucial playoff goals over his career. But younger and perhaps similar upside to Brass's career season in NY

Look for Mika to skate with Zucarello and Kreider which is a very potent, quick and effective line
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He needs to show he can play against top lines. In Ottawa he failed and was passed by Pageau when turris was injured. I think he'll be a winger in a few years