Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summertime prospect cleaning

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Summertime prospect cleaning

Hey all, I need your input as to who should I let go from my prospect pool for now. It's a 12 team league with 14 prospects. Here's the list as of now.

Bracco
    Kostin
    Brooks
    Fischer
    Bellows
    Gaudette
    Goldobin
    McLeod
    Mittelstadt
    Senyshyn
    Speers
    Tolvanen

Myers
    Walman
    Dunn

Soderstrom
    Goergiev

Currently available in FA
    Kamenev
    Forsbacka Karlsson
    Safin
    Butcher
    Hayden
    Shalunov
    Letunov
    Sandstrom
    Stolarz

If you wanna know if a specific other is in my FA pool plz don't hesitate to ask.

I'd like to cut out 2 to 4 guys on that list at the start of the season.
    Thx in adv
    Matt

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Summertime prospect cleaning

Welcome to the forums.

From my count, you already have 17 prospects so you need to trim three before even considering picking any others up. Is that correct?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That is correct. My league allows 12 active forwards, 6active defensemen 7 benched players, 2 active Goalies and 4 injured players. (+ the 14 prospects)

Currently I have prospects stashed in my bench and a full prospect lineup including Kostin stashed in IR.

I grabbed anything that could of been of value in the off-season that way I could maximise their value once I knew more about them once season starts. Once the season starts I'm gonna need at least 2 spots for free agencies pickups so I need to start considering who's making the cut and who can I put to sleep in the free agency hoping no one picks them up or letting them stash the players for me knowing they're gonna end up dropping them in the long run.

The Great One

Points only or multicat? Without knowing the scoring it's much more difficult to evaluate.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Multicats G/A/SOG/Hits/(+/-)/PPG/PPA/GWG/HT. Defensemen goals are worth a few extra points but not by alot. Our bread and butter is powerplay points.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The easiest drops from that list are Georgiev, Dunn and Brooks. I wouldn't really want to drop any others but if you need more room, then Bracco would be next on my list. Some people like him a lot but I don't.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

http://imgur.com/a/tELAu

League points system

Dobber Sports Deity

To get down to 14, I'd start by cutting Georgiev and Dunn without question. Then it gets dicey for me to even get you down to 14. The only guy I really like that I would love to snag would be Kamenev so that means I'd need to lose two more. If guys like Kamenev are even available, that tells me that either other guys in your league are half clueless on prospects or are simply asleep at the wheel.

I'd drop Brooks to get to your 14 prospects. He's probably a few years away at best.

I considered Gaudette but I read that Gaudette had a really good camp and looked really good, but how far away is he? He's headed back to college for one more season at least so he's not coming up until next spring at the earliest. If you think he will hang around for snagging at a later date, I could see dropping him for Kamenev but I do think he has a bright future in Vancouver.

I would probably drop Bracco to get Kamenev. There's only so much room in that top six and I can see Bracco spending some time in the AHL proving himself before getting that call up. Sucks to lose him too as you have a nice stable of good young prospects but I do like Kamenev more here.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree: the 3 drops seem fairly clear-cut in Dunn, Georgie and Brooks.

I'd consider dropping Bracco for Butcher, as your D pool will be really small. It may be hard for Bracco to break through the TML fwd logjam, but it's still risky as we don't know where Butcher will end up yet, and Butcher's opportunity will alter his value.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm highly confident I can drop guys who are not going to play this year to still be available on the Free agency market at some point if they're not taken already. Once I start dropping guys, that will alert the league and will raise flags about them but the guys with adequate prospect knowledge already have their hands full and I can work out deals with them to let my prospects be untouched in the free agency pool and the other guys will probably pick some up but once they see they have a few seasons before actually playing, they're gonna end up dropping them back. If not then I'll live with my choices.

So dropping georgiev, Brooks and Dunn (haha) keeping Bracco for now since I might be able to flip him to someone else for something in return. Gonna grab kamenev for now.

At this point is it even worth keeping Tolvanen even tho his stats sheet is bonkers?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Shesterkin and Sorokin also available

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So right now, with Kostin in my IR, all my prospects are in my minor eligible lineup and aren't taking any spots in any other lineups. Dropped Brooks, Dunn, georgiev and picked up Kamenev for now. That leaves 2 open bench spots to pick up anything off FA for now. Considering in picking up neuvirth since Philly plays back to back

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd keep Tolvanen for now. He's obviously not an option for a couple years but could pay dividends for holding down the road.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sweet thx for all the inputs!

Ps I've already awoken the beast in my league lol. Brooks was picked up and butcher right after haha! I'll go dig in the FA see if I can find other gems in there

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dkall View Post
    So right now, with Kostin in my IR, all my prospects are in my minor eligible lineup and aren't taking any spots in any other lineups. Dropped Brooks, Dunn, georgiev and picked up Kamenev for now. That leaves 2 open bench spots to pick up anything off FA for now. Considering in picking up neuvirth since Philly plays back to back
    Pick up Butcher now. The hype machine will go crazy on him closer to August 15th when he becomes a free agent and pretty much every team in the league will try to sign him. This is what happened with Jimmy Vesey - I remember many people considering him a top-5 or top-10 prospect at that time but around 6 months earlier he was mostly available for free - and the results so far haven't been all that great. So pick up Butcher quickly and flip him in a month if you get good enough price - if not, he's definitely worth keeping as well. Just like with Vesey, Butcher will be given every opportunity to jump straight to the NHL.

And no, I wouldn't drop Tolvanen. He should have enough name value that you can trade him rather than dropping him. I don't like his decision to play in the KHL, so I would be very open to trading him.