Thread: Player Combination Ranks - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Player Combination Ranks - I'll Rep

In the format referenced in my signature, if you could only have 4 of the following 6 in a group of keepers who would you chose/how would you rank them, 1st being best of the bunch, 6th being weakest. Obviously everyone in the list is a second tier guy, there isn't a Kane, Tavares, McDavid, Matthews type guy, but all are very serviceable nonetheless.

Here are position eligibilities as of right now (Hall, Kuzy and RyJo will lose their dual eligibility once their contracts are up. I got RyJo in a trade last year, so his eligiblity is based on his previous contract, which means 1 more year. Hall, Kuzy, RyJo and Monahan are my current keepers, and Wheeler I drafted last year, so if I free up a spot I can keep him. Drouin is on another team, but I've been looking into moving out a keeper and bringing him in. Just want to narrow down the best 4 of the bunch, then go from there. If it was based on Dobber rankings, Johansen and Hall would be the odd guys out, but of everyone listed, I'm actually not looking to move Hall at all, unless it was with another keeper to get a top tier talent, but those deals are hard to find since most teams don't want to trade those guys, unless they get a similar guy back, or they can't take on 2 contracts in the first place.

Hall (c/lw)
    Kuzy (c/lw)
    Drouin (lw/rw)
    RyJo (c/rw)
    Monahan (c)
    Wheeler (rw)
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Player Combination Ranks - I'll Rep

Were you trying to list all the possible groups of 4 you could select from that list of players? If so, you certainly did not cover them all (if my math is right, I believe there are 15 possible groups).

How did you narrow down to these options? Would a better question be "which 4 should I keep?"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Were you trying to list all the possible groups of 4 you could select from that list of players? If so, you certainly did not cover them all (if my math is right, I believe there are 15 possible groups).

How did you narrow down to these options? Would a better question be "which 4 should I keep?"
    Yes I was, but probably made a mistake. I edited my post, have a look if you don't mind.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    In the format referenced in my signature, if you could only have 4 of the following 6 in a group of keepers who would you chose/how would you rank them, 1st being best of the bunch, 6th being weakest. Obviously everyone in the list is a second tier guy, there isn't a Kane, Tavares, McDavid, Matthews type guy, but all are very serviceable nonetheless.

Here are position eligibilities as of right now (Hall, Kuzy and RyJo will lose their dual eligibility once their contracts are up. I got RyJo in a trade last year, so his eligiblity is based on his previous contract, which means 1 more year. Hall, Kuzy, RyJo and Monahan are my current keepers, and Wheeler I drafted last year, so if I free up a spot I can keep him. Drouin is on another team, but I've been looking into moving out a keeper and bringing him in. Just want to narrow down the best 4 of the bunch, then go from there. If it was based on Dobber rankings, Johansen and Hall would be the odd guys out, but of everyone listed, I'm actually not looking to move Hall at all, unless it was with another keeper to get a top tier talent, but those deals are hard to find since most teams don't want to trade those guys, unless they get a similar guy back, or they can't take on 2 contracts in the first place.

Hall (c/lw)
    Kuzy (c/lw)
    Drouin (lw/rw)
    RyJo (c/rw)
    Monahan (c)
    Wheeler (rw)
    Wheeler
    Hall
    Kuznetsov/RyJo
    RyJo/Kuz
    Monahan
    Drouin
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wheeler
    Hall
    Ryjo
    Kuznetsov
    Monahan
    Drouin

Dobber Sports Star

Pretty close, but I would go with these 4:

Wheeler
    Hall
    Ryjo
    Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Pro

Pretty close, but I would go with these 4:

Wheeler
    Hall
    Ryjo
    Kuznetsov
    It's been discussed before a little, but given the slight lean towards goals in my league, does that make it a wash, or is RyJo still the guy with the higher ceiling fantasy point wise? No peripheral cats in my league, although RyJo is c/rw through next year, so there is the advantage of being able to play him on the wing. I'm just wondering why on Dobber's keep rankings, it has Monahan and Drouin above RyJo and Hall? Wheeler and Kuzy seem to be ranked where they should be.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    It's been discussed before a little, but given the slight lean towards goals in my league, does that make it a wash, or is RyJo still the guy with the higher ceiling fantasy point wise? No peripheral cats in my league, although RyJo is c/rw through next year, so there is the advantage of being able to play him on the wing. I'm just wondering why on Dobber's keep rankings, it has Monahan and Drouin above RyJo and Hall? Wheeler and Kuzy seem to be ranked where they should be.
    I just don't trust Drouin yet. I could see a case for Monahan over a couple of those guys, but it's close.

Dobber Sports Pro

I just don't trust Drouin yet. I could see a case for Monahan over a couple of those guys, but it's close.
    I just hope I don't kick myself later for not jumping all over Drouin. I had a chance to get Kuch and picks in a previous season when he was struggling for Hall and Krejci, and I didn't do it! Then since that time, Kuch has been a consistent beast and Hall has been meh. I realize that Drouin's star is still rising though, and at the time, Kuch was still producing in the 60s point wise.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax