Thread: Walman/Butcher/Wood

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Walman/Butcher/Wood

Who is better points only. Walman, Wood, or Butcher?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Walman/Butcher/Wood

I prefer Walman from those three.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm very curious to see where Butcher ends up going. He could go somewhere where there's lots of good offensive minutes available for him. Or he could do what Vesey did, go to a place where he's completely blocked. He could be really good or really bad depending on where he goes.

Between Wood and Walman, I'd probably take Wood because there's less bodies in front of him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think all three will be pretty close to each other. Butcher's value will be tied to wherever he signs (I saw a rumor recently that he might be going to Buffalo, which would a great landing spot for him), but all should be 35-40 dmen at their best, and generally will be more 30-35 point dmen. Walman probably has the most offensive potential, but he's also got a ton of other dmen in front of him (Pietranlgelo, Parayko, Schmaltz, Dunn) so it'll be hard for him to break through offensively for a while. I think the Coyotes think really highly on Wood (who reminds me of Parayko), but OEL gets all the PP time there.
    If I had to choose one, I'd go with Walman based on talent.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree that the 'Yotes seem to be really high on Wood for a couple reasons: 1) he was the main piece in the Boedker deal, so they had an idea what he was capable of from the get go, and 2) they've moved 3 right-hand defensemen since his emergence in the AHL last year ( Stone, Murphy, DeAngelo) and Wood has remained. He also was the leading scorer at any position on their farm team for a significant part of the season and had the AHL's hardest shot. His draft position and trade to Arizona have him flying under the radar pretty well, but he's got great potential if he can improve his skating, which he's attempting to do this summer. With his howitzer of a shot and wide-open system I think he could be putting up the biggest numbers of these three the quickest.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Agree that the 'Yotes seem to be really high on Wood for a couple reasons: 1) he was the main piece in the Boedker deal, so they had an idea what he was capable of from the get go, and 2) they've moved 3 right-hand defensemen since his emergence in the AHL last year ( Stone, Murphy, DeAngelo) and Wood has remained. He also was the leading scorer at any position on their farm team for a significant part of the season and had the AHL's hardest shot. His draft position and trade to Arizona have him flying under the radar pretty well, but he's got great potential if he can improve his skating, which he's attempting to do this summer. With his howitzer of a shot and wide-open system I think he could be putting up the biggest numbers of these three the quickest.
    Some really good background on Wood that I was unaware of. Love this.

He'll still be battling for PP time with Chychurn & OEL. this will limit him offensively at least temporarily.

He's still sitting with the best opportunity of the 3 IMO.

I still think Van is going to push hard for Butcher... wouldn't be surprised if Edm, Tor do as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Some really good background on Wood that I was unaware of. Love this.

He'll still be battling for PP time with Chychurn & OEL. this will limit him offensively at least temporarily.

He's still sitting with the best opportunity of the 3 IMO.

I still think Van is going to push hard for Butcher... wouldn't be surprised if Edm, Tor do as well
    I don't see Chychrun being any sort of challenge for Wood. OEL is the top dog for PP minutes but Wood should be their #2. Just no sure if that's going to be on the top unit (two D-men PP is rarely used these days) or on the 2nd unit.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wood
    Walman
    Butcher

Dobber Sports Master

Walman as maybe the most talented overall. Wood has intrigue but if his skating is not NHL-level, then no matter how hard his shot is, he won't make it.. There is still a big gap between the two leagues. I don't know how many prospects or players who had skating deficiencies ever improved them so significantly to make a difference. At the D position especially. It is a red flag for me. However Walman is pretty far from an impact IMO. Like 2 years..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck