Thread: Carlson, Parayko or Guentzel as Final Two Keepers?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Carlson, Parayko or Guentzel as Final Two Keepers?

Although I have some time to sort this out, I'm struggling with deciding between the three.

I went through a rebuild last year and think I've done alright by securing a young, talented team. So, I guess that's why I consider Carlson on the bubble.

The way I view these three players:
    1. Carlson: I think he can rebound from last season and put up decent numbers again. Sounded like health was a bit of an issue with him last season, so hopefully it doesn't carry on as an issue.

2. Parayko: He's a young, stud dman trending in the right direction. Right shot, cannon that should be on a solid second PP unit at minimum. It's certainly a possibility he gets some top PP minutes, and his overall TOI should increase.

3. Guentzel: Again, a very good, young player that plays the left side, which is sort of a fantasy hockey commodity. His record setting playoff turned some heads and I think his value is currently pretty high.

All three players are pretty good. What do you guys think?
    14 Team Roto League - Partial Keeper (Keep 8 for two years, then Keep 6, repeat)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 3UTIL, 1G, 3BNCH
    G, A, P, FOW, GWG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Keepers:
    MacKinnon, Barkov, Laine, Marner, Draisaitl, J. Carlson, F. Andersen, Guentzel

On the bubble: Parayko, Landeskog

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Carlson, Parayko or Guentzel as Final Two Keepers?

I would go Parayko and Guentzel.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Guentzel is 100% for sure and then I'd take Parayko over Carlson, especially on a rebuild.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Guentzel and Carlson for me. I'm expecting a huge bounce back from Carlson.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Guentzel and Carlson for me. I'm expecting a huge bounce back from Carlson.
    Same for me. I consider Carlson a lock and it was between Parayko and Guentzel for me. With your settings, Parayko's numbers don't wow me, so I prefer Guentzel's upside and as you stated, his value is high at the moment thanks to his playoff run.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Rookie

That's what I keep looking at as well, is Parayko's numbers, but I can't help but think these numbers are going to get a boost. Shattenkirk is gone. Parayko is number 2 behind AP now, but I really wonder if he can do more, all-around than AP as the season goes on, and beyond. Although, our pool is set up a bit different where it is keep 8 this year, but next year is keep 6. So, chances are...Parayko wouldn't be kept next season anyhow. You're likely correct in Carlson and Guentzel being the best two.

Anyone have any strong cases for Parayko? Or, knocks on Carlson? It sounds pretty unanimous that Guentzel is a keeper for me here.
    14 Team Roto League - Partial Keeper (Keep 8 for two years, then Keep 6, repeat)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 3UTIL, 1G, 3BNCH
    G, A, P, FOW, GWG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Keepers:
    MacKinnon, Barkov, Laine, Marner, Draisaitl, J. Carlson, F. Andersen, Guentzel

On the bubble: Parayko, Landeskog

Dobber Sports Superstar

Carlson/Guentzel. AP is the guy in St. Louis IMO.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov