Thread: Pulju vs Ghost

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Pulju vs Ghost

Would you do it?
    Pool in my sig. Point-only league, 1 pts by goal and passes from defenseman.
    Note that we have a salary cap of 73M$ and that Ghost is a steal in my pool at 1.4 caphit.
    Pulju on the other hand is 3.4M$ but he won't cost anything if he doesn't produce and I bench him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Pulju vs Ghost

You have some solid D and can afford to lose him. But I would still keep him

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ghost.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With that juicy cap hit I think you need to hold onto Ghost. Puljujarvi could spend more of the year in the AHL this season for all we know.

Dobber Sports Jedi

this is a tricky roll the dice situation. I think Ghost will be better than last year. perhaps, much better. How far Pulj has come since last season, that's the question. If you pass on this deal and Pulj make the Oilers and starts producing, you'll never be able to acquire him for this price again. If you make the trade and he struggles this season, well, then in the short term you look like you lost the deal.

I would pull the trigger based on the depth of your D.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In that case maybe you can try and acquire some sort of pick or something to minimize the risk you are taking?