Thread: LA Kings / Quick

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default LA Kings / Quick

Will Los Angeles Kings and Jonathan Quick bounce back from last year or a rebuild season. Will Quick being back in the top 10 goalie stats.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: LA Kings / Quick

I don't think they are a playoff team.

I'd rank quick in the 9 to 13 range, I've always thought he was a little overrated in fantasy.

Dobber Sports Giant

I think they do and if it's the case, you can bet your shinny dollar that Quick will play an important part in it!

I see him getting something like 60 GP, 35W, 5SO, 2.35GAA, .919 SV%
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

I think the Kings are a lot like the Montreal Canadiens; a team that doesn't score a lot but depends heavily on their #1 goalie. I agree with Bass56 that Quick will play at least 60 games, but I believe he won't get anymore than 30 Wins as the players adjust to a new coach and they still won't be able to score a bunch.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 35KrazyKanuck View Post
    Will Los Angeles Kings and Jonathan Quick bounce back from last year or a rebuild season. Will Quick being back in the top 10 goalie stats.
    I think he will be an upper-middle of the pack goalie - 10-15 range. He's been very valuable for starts, wins and GAA, and he actually doesn't do as bad as people think in sv% - he had one abnormal year at .929, followed by another abnormal year of .902, then since he's been between .915 and .918. It's going to be interesting to see how they do with a new coach - part of why Quick was so valuable is Sutter's system kept Quick's GAA down.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I no longer like Quick and think the Kings are destined to struggle this season and in the near future.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think this is the start of a long road to recovery for LA... I do not see Quick as top 10 this year as a King.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I think they do and if it's the case, you can bet your shinny dollar that Quick will play an important part in it!

I see him getting something like 60 GP, 35W, 5SO, 2.35GAA, .919 SV%

GP - 53 W 27 L 20 SVPCT .917 GAA 2.12 SO 7

Those were Budaj's numbers and they didn't make the playoffs. Admittedly, they seemed to play more timidly in front of him, but I'm not sure this team has the legs to rebound enough to bounce back into the playoffs. Teams around them are younger, improving faster. I think they're on the outs.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I think he will be an upper-middle of the pack goalie - 10-15 range.
    ^^This for me^^
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket