Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reading material for those "irked" by the Kadr settlement

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Reading material for those "irked" by the Kadr settlement

Reading LawMan's posts always makes me wish I had gone to law school...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Lawman's post is why I quit law school to go party in Europe. Not that it isn't a good post....

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Congrats on the Draft Lottery!
    I was literally screamed at the other day by an aunt of mine having this discussion with some family members of mine.
    Rylant
    Thanks Rylant, I Appreciate the post. This made me laugh because I was accused of being a fascist for suggesting that Khadr was legally captured/detained by the US and a terrorist sympathizer for arguing that Canada should have demanded his release when he was 15 all family dinner table at the same time. I started laughing..... and no one got dessert.... my fault.

We all know Forumname started this mess and the guy apparently didn't even write the post...damn. JK

So Nico. right?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Thanks Rylant, I Appreciate the post. This made me laugh because I was accused of being a fascist for suggesting that Khadr was legally captured/detained by the US and a terrorist sympathizer for arguing that Canada should have demanded his release when he was 15 all family dinner table at the same time. I started laughing..... and no one got dessert.... my fault.

We all know Forumname started this mess and the guy apparently didn't even write the post...damn. JK

So Nico. right?
    Yeah, Nico.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    This isn't relevant to the conversation, but I've been getting quite a few reputation comments where people seem to think the original post was my own writing. I just wanted to reiterate that it was merely something I came across online and pasted in. Not my own words, and I didn't mean for it to come across that way.

Okay, continue.
    If there's anything of a harassing nature let a mod or admin know.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Yeah, I could use some tips! HA!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Surprisingly it's all been positive, so no worries there.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper's thoughts.

"The government today attempted to lay blame elsewhere for their decision to conclude a secret deal with Omar Khadr. The decision to enter into this deal is theirs, and theirs alone, and it is simply wrong. Canadians deserve better than this. Today my thoughts are with Tabitha Speer and the families of all Canadian and allied soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting to protect us."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper's thoughts.

"The government today attempted to lay blame elsewhere for their decision to conclude a secret deal with Omar Khadr. The decision to enter into this deal is theirs, and theirs alone, and it is simply wrong. Canadians deserve better than this. Today my thoughts are with Tabitha Speer and the families of all Canadian and allied soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting to protect us."
    Go kick rocks Stephen. The veterans deserve better crap that the government usually gives them and your government was shittier than most.

This level of crassness is offensive to good taste.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Go kick rocks Stephen. The veterans deserve better crap that the government usually gives them and your government was shittier than most.

This level of crassness is offensive to good taste.
    Same man that made massive cuts to Vet Affairs offices, shut down over 1/3 of them and brought in this phoenix system that level thousands of soldiers waiting over a year for their pensions to be processed... I need to stop here.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Debating degrees of shittiness on how the two major Canadian political parties treat our veterans is irrelevant. They both pay the barest of lip service to the military (and veterans issues) during elections run-ups and then cut, cut, cut. Cancel projects. Rinse. Repeat. And here we are with a few remaining airworthy aircraft and seaworthy, (ancient ships). Sea Kings!? They've been trying to replace them since 1983!!!! CF-18's are nearly 30 years old! Single-hulled warships!? lol, banned in so many ports. No supply ships!? Our newest ship is nearly 20 years old! Major procurements is broken. This is beyond embarrassing if we're being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Same man that made massive cuts to Vet Affairs offices, shut down over 1/3 of them and brought in this phoenix system that level thousands of soldiers waiting over a year for their pensions to be processed... I need to stop here.
    Some of the cuts to the Vet Affairs offices were necessary and played up politically (surprise!).

When the Harper government handed off the phoenix project to Trudeau's government, they were told that the system wasn't ready for implementation yet. The Liberals went ahead and implemented it anyway. The phoenix debacle is all on the Liberals. They could have spun it that the Conservatives left them with no choice but to delay implementation, but for some reason, it went ahead.

I don't know which government sorted out the pensions payments, but I hear that it has improved greatly and is back to around a six week delay. Kudos to the ones responsible.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm somewhere in the middle on this, I understand why the settlement happened....just torn on it. Think I would have rather seen it play out in court.
    Way to keep it civil gang.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer