Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest fires surrounding my town

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Forest fires surrounding my town

On our way home we obviously had to take a different route other than 97 and ended up going through Valemount. Everyone who was evacuating to Prince George was rolling through there, filling up with fuel. Trailers everywhere. A&W was starting to run out of food. But they said that even though people were generally tired and stressed, that they were generally pretty good natured. If something like this happened near Vancouver I suspect there would be murders and absolute chaos.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    On our way home we obviously had to take a different route other than 97 and ended up going through Valemount. Everyone who was evacuating to Prince George was rolling through there, filling up with fuel. Trailers everywhere. A&W was starting to run out of food. But they said that even though people were generally tired and stressed, that they were generally pretty good natured. If something like this happened near Vancouver I suspect there would be murders and absolute chaos.
    We all know how Vancouver gets when there's fire.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There are excellent people in Vancouver but they certainly don't do well when things get a little stressful.

Dobber Sports Monster

There are excellent people in Vancouver but they certainly don't do well when things get a little stressful.
    everyone here been pleasant and patient. from what ive read that everyone leaving town is driving at a nice slow pace. ill post a picture of the smoke outside my place in a minute here

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In the next few years I think we are going to see a place like Jasper get hit with a huge fire. It's been protected for far too long and it's just a giant matchbox waiting to explode.

Dobber Sports Monster

took this picture a minute ago right outside my place

fire2017.png

theres a mountain in the background which you cannot see obviously

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've seen some pics of Kamloops... looks the same essentially

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah Kamloops was gross yesterday.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    my brothers friend took this picture of williams lake. i believe this is the fox mountain fire which is east of the town but its right near town. the temperature at 6:30 am was + 4 Celsius

Attachment 3808
    Your pictures in this post are beautiful to some extent! I mean, it's crazy how devastating mother nature can be but when you look at it, and ignore the chaos at hand (easier said than done especially if you are in the middle of it), it's truly something special to gaze at!

Man vs Nature... hopefully man wins this bout as we are already in the third round and Nature seems to be gaining a bit of momentum!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nature is always going to win. It's just about how long man can hold out.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Your pictures in this post are beautiful to some extent! I mean, it's crazy how devastating mother nature can be but when you look at it, and ignore the chaos at hand (easier said than done especially if you are in the middle of it), it's truly something special to gaze at!

Man vs Nature... hopefully man wins this bout as we are already in the third round and Nature seems to be gaining a bit of momentum!
    yep sure is a spectacular sight, not in a good way but theyre so surreal. I'm about 3-4 km away from where that fire is right now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

StuntMan... if you need a place to stay... let me know... the prairies don't have much for trees!

But in all seriousness. I really hope that the fires get under control ASAP.

Dobber Sports Giant

Nature is always going to win. It's just about how long man can hold out.
    Ya, and Nature is one bad@$$ mother trucker in this case!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    StuntMan... if you need a place to stay... let me know... the prairies don't have much for trees!

But in all seriousness. I really hope that the fires get under control ASAP.
    am headed ur way right now lol. but yeah so many trees surrounding our town. always thought there should be some sort of fire guard of at least 100 feet all around the town. heck i would make it 200-300 feet just to minimize the chance at a fire entering town.

this is what out town looks like normally. this is looking south.

Williams-Lake-waterfront-1200x3762.jpg

this is the city center looks like normally. looking south

img_main_03_wmslk_aerial.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    am headed ur way right now lol. but yeah so many trees surrounding our town. always thought there should be some sort of fire guard of at least 100 feet all around the town. heck i would make it 200-300 feet just to minimize the chance at a fire entering town.
    if winds pick up.. 100ft isn't going to make a difference, the Ft. Mack fire jumped rivers 400ft wide or more