Thread: Keeper decision, need to shed salary

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper decision, need to shed salary

Hi guys.

First team in sig. We use salary rather than cap. I need to shed 16M before the start of the season...

Obvious trade/drop? candidates are Letang (7.25), Kessel (9), Malkin (9.5 - due to injury risk), Eberle (6). I might also need to cut or trade some middle salary guys like Nelson or Lee...

I've tried trading Letang, but there is 0 interest (which is 100% understandable given cap+injuries+risk he doesn't play at all this year). There is a lot of interest for Ghost and Shattenkirk, but they are pretty much my core at D...

Question 1: Who from my team would you try moving to shed salary?
    Question 2 : Assuming I can't find any trading partner, what guys would you be dropping to shed at least 16M salary?

Thanks!
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Keeper decision, need to shed salary

Quote Originally Posted by Samfolds View Post
    Hi guys.

First team in sig. We use salary rather than cap. I need to shed 16M before the start of the season...

Obvious trade/drop? candidates are Letang (7.25), Kessel (9), Malkin (9.5 - due to injury risk), Eberle (6). I might also need to cut or trade some middle salary guys like Nelson or Lee...

I've tried trading Letang, but there is 0 interest (which is 100% understandable given cap+injuries+risk he doesn't play at all this year). There is a lot of interest for Ghost and Shattenkirk, but they are pretty much my core at D...

Question 1: Who from my team would you try moving to shed salary?
    Question 2 : Assuming I can't find any trading partner, what guys would you be dropping to shed at least 16M salary?

Thanks!
    What are the cap hits for each player?

Dobber Sports Wizard

If there's no interest in Letang, why not trade Shattenkirk and keep Letang instead?

Kessel I would try dumping for little return if possible.

By the way, just saying but $82.5M salary cap in a 15 team league is way too low. It should be closer to $100M with only 15 teams, otherwise very good players will be on the FA/WW.

The Great One

Keep Letang - he'll easily get more points in 65 games than Shattenkirk will get in 82.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    What are the cap hits for each player?
    I put them in parentheses for the players above, but I?ll just provide Salary for 2017-2018 for all my players if that can help:

FORWARD
    Malkin = 9.5
    Kessel = 9
    Eberle = 6
    Toffoli = 4.8
    Stone = 4.5
    Anders Lee = 4.5
    Brock Nelson = 3.5
    Patrick Maroon = 2.1
    Christian Dvorak = 0.925
    Auston Matthews = 0.925
    Brayden Point = 0.667
    Alex Galchenyuk = 4.9

DEFENSEMEN
    Kris Letang = 7.25
    Shayne Gothisbere = 6
    Torey Krug = 5.5
    Alec Martinez = 4
    Nick Holden = 1.8
    Anthony De Angelo = 0.833
    Darnell Nurse = 0.833
    Esa Lindell = 2.2
    Kevin Shattenkirk = 8

GOALIES
    Marc-Andr? Fleury = 5.75
    Jake Allen = 3.85
    Jon Gillies = 0.925
    Ilya Sorokin = 0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If there's no interest in Letang, why not trade Shattenkirk and keep Letang instead?

Kessel I would try dumping for little return if possible.

By the way, just saying but $82.5M salary cap in a 15 team league is way too low. It should be closer to $100M with only 15 teams, otherwise very good players will be on the FA/WW.
    Thanks for the input on keeping Letang. That was my initial thought, but from what I've read on the forum, Letang in cap leagues is not worth the salary/risk... As for the 85.2M cap, I did not make the league and the commish is not very flexible (I have raised this issue a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Keep Letang - he'll easily get more points in 65 games than Shattenkirk will get in 82.
    2 votes for keeping Letang! Thanks for the input.
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd keep Letang and try to deal Kessel.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket